Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the V8 JDM STI comes with DCCD or is that for the special ra version? Thanks

-John

·
Registered
10 Posts
all v8 sti comes with dccd if you are looking for on i have v7 without dccd but it has suretrac up front cheers

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hehehehehehe this is very good news indeed:D . Stay tuned for developments in this breaking news.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also i know that all the USDM STI's come with DCCD, i just want to know if the JDM is the same way for the V8 (i think thats what you meant, but just making sure). Thanks.

-John

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also i have one other question. The engine/tranny im buying is basically the front clip (includes front brakes, suspension etc etc). SO from my understanding all i will need for the swap is the ring and pinion plus the 3.9 rear diff etc. Is this correct or do i need more? Thanks.

-John

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think im gonna go with the R180 rear diff but i need to find out if it requires diff hubs etc in the rear or if it will work?? Anyone, also will i need new drive shafts??

Thanks
-John

·
Registered
10 Posts
if you going to get the r180 diff you'll need the sti drive shaft axles and hubs plus the sti 2pot rear brakes or the brembos cheers

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
raazin said:
if you going to get the r180 diff you'll need the sti drive shaft axles and hubs plus the sti 2pot rear brakes or the brembos cheers
Thanks for the info, damit i guess i wont be doing that option then. Ring and pinion here i come.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sorry :p
I posted some info but I misread the original post.

Just to clarify, are you buying the v8 crate trans, or, the whole car (STi)?
Scott

(USDM Crate v8 trans doesn't come with DCCD unless you pay extra for it, im 99% sure of it. I'll check if its real important, but i'm pretty sure it costs a significant amount more~~)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TheWRXstore said:
Sorry :p
I posted some info but I misread the original post.

Just to clarify, are you buying the v8 crate trans, or, the whole car (STi)?
Scott

(USDM Crate v8 trans doesn't come with DCCD unless you pay extra for it, im 99% sure of it. I'll check if its real important, but i'm pretty sure it costs a significant amount more~~)
It came out of a car, has 5k miles on it. So its not a crate engine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
DEADPOOL said:
Does anyone know if the V8 JDM STI comes with DCCD or is that for the special ra version? Thanks

-John
All USDM V8 transmissions come with DCCD, but JDM and EDM come with several different iterations: Viscous center diff and Suretrak front, Viscous center and open front (I think), and some with DCCD. There's a thread somewhere, either here, nasioc.com, or i-club.com that list the various part numbers and what differential combination they have. Searchy search.

Rallispec sells both types, DCCD and Standard center diff.

www.rallispec.com

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just confirmed this with rallispec. All V8 both USDM and JDM come with DCCD it is not an option.

We ran my tranny numbers and i have DCCD, hells yeah:D .

Also on a side note, can i use a legacy drive shaft for the conversion or does it have to be the one off of a wrx auto or STI:confused:

Thanks
-John

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I made a mistake, not all JDM STI's come with DCCD (mine did:D ). In the previous models it was only available with the Special edition STI's, while the normal STI did not recieve it, not even as an option.

With the V8 however, all JDM STI's have the option to upgrade to the DCCD tranny, which many people take advantage of.

So for all you looking to go to a V8 engine and tranny, it doesnt matter if you have a spec c etc, you may still have a DCCD tranny despite having the normal STI front clip. All you need to do is run the tranny codes to discover what you have. Another way of telling is to look at the wiring harness for the tranny.

The DCCD tranny will have a cable coming from the tranny with 6 wires coming from it, this indicates you have DCCD. Non DCCD trannies only have 4 wires.

Ill get an upclose picture for future reference for everyone, which will show the cable im talking about with the 6 wires.

-John

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BoostedBoxer said:
You lucky bum. Now the question is, is the ECU set up to control that? Does it even involve the ecu?
:D I know i am. I already ordered the control unit and knobs etc for the DCCD, so im all set for fun;) .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts