ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was wondering if this tmic will be ok for my FP 18g...I was thinking about using either water injection or the c02 cooler...What do you guys think will this give me what i want out of this turbo...Or just go with a fmic...I already have the v2 so i dont know what to do...
Noah

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
The 18G will cork with the TMIC.

I had an 1820 with the same TMIC. Got pretty nice power... When I went with the fmic, i got a pretty good jump, and much improved grunt on the highway.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
water injection or c02

what do you guys think on the water injection or the c02 issue to keep it cool...any thoughts or comments...
Noah

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: water injection or c02

works said:
what do you guys think on the water injection or the c02 issue to keep it cool...any thoughts or comments...
Noah
I had alcohol injection with my tmic setup as well..

It can work in many ways for you... as a safety buffer against detonation, or as a power adder..

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: ...

works said:
what hp you think i will come out when tuned with my utec...any guesses
Really depends on the tuner you have.. When I had my TMIC tuned, at first, I had 230whp on a dynodynamics dyno. My tuner at the time was willing to leave it at that... It wasn't until I told him to get back into the car with his laptop that my whp levels rose to 250whp at the time (stock STi's put down 218whp on the same dyno)

After adding my fmic, my tuner was willing to leave boost at 17psi. It wasn't until I told him that I wanted much more power that he would look for ways to get it..

Some tuners will push harder than others to get the power you want..

Also, you whp numbers will be dependent on the gas you run

1 - 9 of 9 Posts