ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Valentine One had been acting "funny" for a few months. It wasn't chirping and beeping in it's normal fashion - it seemed to be less sensitive than usual. Naturally, I procrastinated in doing anything about it, save experiment by unconnecting the hard wired installation and re-hooking it into the cigarette lighter socket. No change.

I was traveling on Alex-Bell going East, nearing Clyo; a notorious speed trap. The car in front of me braked as it approached the downslope, so I ignored the possible danger, and sped around the car.

I saw the cop traveling in the other direction, as my V1 went off. Thanks alot.

I debated speeding away and trying to hide, like a rat, but sighed and accepted my fate. The cop caught up with me 30 seconds later. Naturally, he asked the usual questions: "Do you know how fast you were going?" "Yes, 35." "Do you know how what the speed limit was there?" "Yes, 35." "Are you in a hurry?" "Yeah, I have a date with your wife" (actually, I grumbled something about getting home.) I get ticketed for 57 in a 35 zone. Before he left, he asked, "Do you have any questions?" I asked him if I could see the speed he clocked me at on his radar. He couldn't as he didn't "lock it in." (Why the **** not?) After his, IMO smarmy "Have a nice day", I was steaming.

A week later in the Kettering Court, I had planned to plea "not guilty", and try to leverage the fact that he couldn't/wouldn't show me my speed despite my request. Watching others before me have success, I changed my plea to "no contest". Apparently the paperwork hadn't made it to the Judge, who therefore, having to rule on the basis of the evidence before him - of which there was none - ruled "not guilty". I was happy.

I called Valentine to get my unit fixed, finally. Since they're near Cincinnati, I drove down and dropped it off. I picked it up the next day, with no charge for the fix. It now beeps and chirps merrily in passing Walgreens and CVS, and picks off cops before I see them.

All is well again.

Bill M.

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
23,573 Posts
Glad to hear you got out of the ticket. A broken V1 would be a bad day for me too,I can't drive without the thing. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts