Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I DLed the UTEC manual and was reading thru when one page refered to a "UTEC tuning guide." Where can i find this? does it exist?

·
Registered
393 Posts
User manual.........no such animal :( . As far as a map, download a map closest to your setup and then start doing your own tuning. The best map is a map that is made for your ride and conditions you're running.

Ronin

·
Banned
601 Posts
yeh

I want a stage four base map that has a closed loop boost. I was thinkin about just doin it myself and settin all the boost levels really low to start, but it sounds really bad for my car, and I don't like that:). peace,
hippy

·
Registered
563 Posts
Re: yeh

hippy78 said:
I want a stage four base map that has a closed loop boost. I was thinkin about just doin it myself and settin all the boost levels really low to start, but it sounds really bad for my car, and I don't like that:). peace,
hippy
Turboxs doesn't like to release closed loop maps because every car is different. Do exactly what you said: Set levels low and increase them slowly until you get the boost you are looking for.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I was thinkin about just doin it myself and settin all the boost levels really low to start, but it sounds really bad for my car, and I don't like that. peace,
What part of that sounds really bad for you car?

Ronin

·
Banned
601 Posts
hey

hey there,
are you serious? I you can do so many things to your engine with the utec(bad and good). I mean, it would be nice to just change my boost map over to close loop, set the boost really low, drive it hard and log everything, then adjust up till I get the right curve. but what about timing? and fuel....once I bump the boost up to the right amount I will want to lean out my fuel mixture to try and make it more efficent. Then I will have to change the boost again, and the timing. The whole time hoping that I'm not gonna really screw up my engine.

I wanna call turboxs. At least to ask them if you can use ecu settings for closed loop boost, or if it changes from open to closed loop if you put ecu settings on partial throttle and closed loop for the 70%+ setting.
peace

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hippy-
What about starting with the stg4 base map first for timing and fuel values, and then starting low for your closed loop boost values and then working your way up? Then you can adjust timing and fuel from there but atleast you'll have good numbers to start with...

Hope this helps somewhat.

·
Banned
601 Posts
hey

well, that's exactly what I did.....Seems to work ok, I just need to tweek the boost control gain(and some other stuff:)). I will be done today though....at least with the boost map.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts