ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I guess these are kinda a noob questions. I have an 03 WRX wagon, It has had a stage 2 setup for about a year now. My utec is running software 2.5b with a base TurboXS stage 2 map. I have just finished installing all stage 4 equipment-VF30, uppipe, header, STI Pink injectors, Walbro FP, Hyperflow TMIC, Perrin Short Ram.
Questions:
1. Can I install the current TXS stage 4 map on my utec with software version 2.5b?
2. Do I need to upgrade to current Utec software 4.2?
3. Can I upgrade from 2.5b straight to 4.2 or do I have install 3 first?
4. What are the benefits of 4.2 over 2.5b (besides launch control and open loop fueling)?
5. What happens if I drive the car with stage 4 equipment but have the stage 2 map in place?
6. When I install the stage 4 map, do I also install the stage 4 parameters. I assume I do, but where?
Thanks in advance for your help and comments.
:D

·
Registered
309 Posts
Blake said:
I guess these are kinda a noob questions. I have an 03 WRX wagon, It has had a stage 2 setup for about a year now. My utec is running software 2.5b with a base TurboXS stage 2 map. I have just finished installing all stage 4 equipment.
Questions:
1. Can I install the current TXS stage 4 map on my utec with software version 2.5b?
2. Do I need to upgrade to current Utec software 4.2?
3. Can I upgrade from 2.5b straight to 4.2 or do I have install 3 first?
4. What are the benefits of 4.2 over 2.5b (besides launch control and open loop fueling)?
5. What happens if I drive the car with stage 4 equipment but have the stage 2 map in place?
6. When I install the stage 4 map, do I also install the stage 4 parameters. I assume I do, but where?
Thanks in advance for your help and comments.
:D
1. No
2. You dont "need" to, but OLF I personally think is a major advantage you'd be missing out on.
3. I'm almost 100% positive yes, but I'd ask or read the website to make sure.
4. I'm sure there are many more small adjustments, but you've got the major benefits.
5. If you have a stage 4 you most likely have a different injector size. Your fuel map will be off and your timing map will be off. You have to set your own boost map in either case.
6. On the website.

Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts