ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an AP but I have thought about trying to pick up a UTEC and sell my AP. How user friendly is tuning the UTEC? Is anyone hear good at tuning the UTEC? My setup is a VF34, headers, TBE, uppipe, IC hoses. I know I would be able to get more power out of using the UTEC but if I waited a few months I would be able to get more power out of the port with the Tuner software being released soon hopefully. ahhh I dont know what to do, UTEC now or tuner software 2 months from now. Help me try and decide. I would be selling my port and spending about 350 out of pocket for the UTEC instead of 400 or more for the tuner software.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Well if you want to sell your AP ill take it off your hands... if it's the 02-03 version.

To anwer your question. Your mods look like you should be running something more tunable. UTEC would probably be the better choice if you know what your doing with it. Lots of people on this board are gifted with that sort of thing. Just ask for help if you need it.

My .02

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
For the utec you will need a wide band or access to it. It's not easy, to be honest... umm... I like my utec, but it takes work. You will need to be on WRXhackers for a good while to really learn what you're doing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts