ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put my complete txs stage 4 in last night. I have the remote map switch set to #1, the car starts and runs fine until i start boostin. Then i used #0, same thing? My injectors are in fine, so is my fuel pump. I don't know what the boost is going to hit, i've not gone full throttle yet. On my gauge i can tell it's not spiking. Where did they put my stg4 map? Did they put any maps in the UTEC. Even valet made did not work.:mad: I'm going to call them ASAP.Any help on this end would be great.

·
Registered
577 Posts
The first thing I would do would be check and make sure the map switch on the back of the Utec is in position "0". this aloows the map selector to control the maps. Also you should hook up the Utec to your computer and make sure the corect maps are loaded. You should plan on hooking the Utec up to your computer fairly often because the Utec requires constant tuning.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I made sure the back of the UTEC was set to pos 0. I do not have a laptop, so i'm SOL on that. Thank's for the qwick reply.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
I would take the Utec out of your car and use the supplied 9volt battery adapter to power the Utec when plugging it in to your desktop computer. This way you can see if you have to right maps loaded in to the Utec.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Richie; thanks man. If i do that i could match up my maps w/ the one for a stg4 from TXS' website. Could i then download the map while the UTEC is out off the car? Sorry bout all the Q's.

p.s. i noticed my check eng light is now out,(no kittys)
and the box of the UTEC said in pencil stg2 rev 4.2:confused:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Yes you can download a map while the UTEC is out of the car.

The CEL will probably come back on. Did you disconnect your battery while doing the install? That probably caused the ECU to reset, so once you start driving, it will come back on.

And on the box, the Stg2 rev 4.2 - every UTEC comes preloaded with a stage 2 map, which is probably not allowing your car to run with the larger injectors. and Rev 4.2 is the latest program for the UTEC.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thank's guys for all your help. I now have a new problem. I load ed the stg4 w/ parameters from TXS. When i tried to get the boost to 18 psi i hit fuel cut? When i had it at 14.7 psi it ran fine? I have a small studder near 2500 rpm? Sorry about all the Q's but i know you guys are good at this stuff.

Or do i need to turn down the ABC and let the UTEC control the boost. I'm used to the MBC ;)

·
Registered
309 Posts
You REALLY need to borrow or buy a crappy laptop off ebay. I asked around and a friend had a 10+ year old laptop that still worked.

Without logs its really hard to help and impossible to tune.

Are you running closed loop boost? Open loop fueling? Is it setup to scale with the size injectors you are running?

Rob

·
Registered
246 Posts
The best and fastest thing you can do is call Dan at Godspeed. 248-305-8140 He should be able to answer every question and point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I think i got it for now. I turned down the ABC so that i'm now at 17.5 psi. Car runs smoooth, very nice pull till redline.:D Thank's for all your help.

P.S. it was weird how on the ABC iturned it for more boost and got less boost? I guess my sticker was backwards.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts