ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went to install my UTEC stageII and got her installed, ran around the block when we smelled an electrical burning smell coming from my engine bay. We pull everything out and finally Weedy finds out its' the #4 cylinder coilpack that melted. I take my car to the dealer to get it fixed under warranty and decide to put the UTEC back in. Me and weedy go and do it again tonight thinking the problem woujld be fixed(manufacturers defect coilpack) but instead of it being just a coilpack problem, it was the UTEC messing something up cause I fried another one!! Yay. Anybody else have any problems like this or heard of anything??:confused1

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is not a usual problem. Contact TurboXS and they maybe able to provide you working one. I've had my UTEC installed for 2 years, never any problems. Of course it did finally lead to transmission failure.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Did you use a good ground for the UTEC? I would still be very surprised if the UTEC fried a coil pack even with a bad ground.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Weedy called XS while I was at school and received some excellent news. They sent out a call notice for our faulty UTEC to get shipped back which should get here today or tomorrow at the latest, they are shipping me a new UTEC to install, and will more than likely reimburse us for the second coilpack we had to purchase if they can verify the problem. Big thanks to Jermaine(sp?) at TurboXS for the great customer support. And no, we didn't use a bad ground!

·
Registered
186 Posts
You are absolutely correct ride5000, thank you for that statement. There really was no need for the question about the dealer being reimbursed. The dealer still owes us a favor anyway after an incident from when the vehicle was worked on just recently. Cavi was without his car for an unecessary 2 more days than was originally planned and promised. Not to mention who knows if there has been any further damage to the tranny after they worked on it. :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts