Subaru WRX Forum banner

utec and computer connection

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  rex.effect 
#1 ·
I got my utec last week from someone off of ebay. I can tell a huge difference in power with it hooked up and switched to map 3. But i cant get it to connect to a laptop computer at all. I followed Txs instructions exactly and tried 3 different laptops. So i was just curious if anyone else had to do anything unusual to get theirs to connect. Any tips would be very useful, im about to go crazy having a utec that i cant play with.

#5 ·
dosage0 said:
after you connect to it via hyperterminal... the screen will be blank. Hit any key and the main menu will pop up.
what if that doesn't work? mine says i have been connected for more than 3 minutes now and i have hit esc, enter, space, etc and the screen remains white. someone please help:sadwave:

#6 ·
i ususally have to click the screen with the mouse before pressing a key for mine to pop up.
what kind of serial cable are you using? if you are using a serial to usb adaptor, most likely that would be the problem

#7 ·
WRX13oy said:
i ususally have to click the screen with the mouse before pressing a key for mine to pop up.
what kind of serial cable are you using? if you are using a serial to usb adaptor, most likely that would be the problem
i am using a serial to usb adapter. i have read that people have been using adapters all over the place. my drivers loaded when i plugged it in the first time, so it should be working. as a test, i tried connecting to the utec while i am in the house and it is showing as being connected. that pretty much proves my adapter is not working. who makes one that the utec understands?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.