Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'll be buying my '04 rex in July and just applied for the Chase bank Subaru MasterCard. Does anyone else have this card?

Essentially you earn "Subaru Bucks" on 3% of your purchases. Everytime you rack up $100 in Subaru Bucks, they send you a $100 gift certificate that can be used at any authorized Subaru dealer/service center. Sounds pretty cool so I was wondering if anyone else has it :cool:

Until now I've been using a Citibank Driver's Edge card that gives me "Citidollars" on 1% of my purchases towards buying a new/used car. I've racked up about $2000 to use in July but I'll start using the Subaru since it's 3% of purchases instead of 1% and I can use it towards anything (purchases, service, etc).

What would be really sweet is if you can put a down payment on the rex using the card? Instead of giving $10,000 to my dealer, I use the card and give the $10K to the Chase bank. I then collect $300 in Subaru bucks and wham, instant mod upgrades :D

If you're interested, there's info about the card here. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Do you know if they have online access to pay your CC bills? Thats what I love about my CC from my bank, just wondering if you can do it with this one.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KanosWRX said:
Do you know if they have online access to pay your CC bills?
I just called and asked. They said you can pay your account 4 ways:

1. Online through their secure login site.
2. Have it automatically deducted from your checking/savings account. You can set it up to pay the full balance each month, a set amount, or the minimum.
3. Over the phone.
4. Snail mail.

I use #2 for my Citibank where they just take the balance out of my checking account. Nice that way. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've had my Chase Subaru Mastercard for right at five months. I use it for business related expenses. I just earned my fifth 100 Subaru Bucks certificate! Unfortunately, you can't earn more than 500 Subaru Bucks in one year, so I'll have to wait seven more months before I can start earning them again. The funny thing is that I don't even own a Subaru and am not sure if I'm going to get one. If I get one, it will probably be an '05 WRX.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Ibizan said:

What would be really sweet is if you can put a down payment on the rex using the card? Instead of giving $10,000 to my dealer, I use the card and give the $10K to the Chase bank. I then collect $300 in Subaru bucks and wham, instant mod upgrades :D
Sure you could. It'd be a dumb move though unless you can get 2.9% interest on your credit card.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, a few months have passed. I'm up to 1000 Subaru Bucks now. I won't finance a car again because I had paying interest, but perhaps Subaru will offer a 0% finance rate around the end of the year. I'd really like to put these Bucks to use.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Probably nobody cares, but I'm up to $1600 Subaru bucks now. Has anyone ever tried using these on a new car? Any troubles?

·
Registered
137 Posts
i was just wondering if the coupons expire? I read somewhere in the process of signing up for the card that they do not expire, but when i get the card the other day, the lady on the phone said that the coupons expire after 4 years. True/not True

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, they absolutely do expire after four years. An expiration date is listed on each certificate. Yes, they are just as good as cash at a Subaru dealership. Just to update things, I bought a WRX in December of '06. Here we are:

I used 20 $100 certificates to help pay for the car. Now I'm still earning them for future use. I'll use them towards tires, parts, etc. If I find myself in a situation where a certificate is about to expire, I'll buy stuff and resell it. Since the card is earning $0.03 for every $ spent, I'll do better than the 1% cash back cards even if I sell at half price. If you've got a Subaru or are going to buy one, I don't really see how you can go wrong with this card (other than keeping a balance just like any credit card).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts