ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know if this stuff is okay for doing underbody cleaning.

The question is, is the stuff okay to spray on:

1. Metal

2. Plastic

3. Rubber

4. Paint

·
Registered
500 Posts
yikes....im not sure about the metal or paint...but i would imagine you would be alright on plastic and rubber. dont quote me though. ;)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yes you can use it on paint, just dont let the sun dry it out on the paint, then you will have trouble removing the residues. I use simple green all the time to clean cars...especially when cleaning bugs and tar.

-BobbyD

·
Moderating YOU, before you had your Subaru!
13,353 Posts
Simple Green is the only thing that'll get the black crap off your bumper from your exhaust...at least, that I've found.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how about metal? will it cause damage to it?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I used to use Simple Green to clean entire motorcycles and quads, and never had a problem with it. Believe me, if it screwed up just the tiniest bit of chrome on a Royal Star, I'd have heard about it.

This weekend I used it on my wife's rims, chromed aluminum, and they turned out absolutely fantastic.

Good stuff, all around. Be not afraid.

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
uh-oh, it says on simplegreen.com that it should not stay on aluminum for more than 10 minutes because it will cause oxidation

it says to hose off after 10 minutes and its recommended to use a protectant spray

does anyone know of any protectant sprays for metal? :confused:

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well, whats the verdict about using it on different metals?

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
I usually use it to clean the underbody of the car, works wonders. And I don't dilute it per the directions, I go crazy and use like 1:4.
Not any problems.

Oh yeah they make a simple green "automobile formula" or something like that, I've seen it at autozone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts