ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if this has been mentioned before.....
Is it okay or beneficial to perform Shiv's 10hp learning trick to the ECU RIGHT after you flash your base map with the Cobb AP?

I would think Cobb already tuned the Ignition Advance Multiplier (IAM) parameter to their spec for each according map..... If so, Shiv's trick isnt necessary.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
on the cobb forums they said its ok do it and it helps, but u will have to do it everytime u load a new map on i think..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
166 Posts
i did it about twice since ive had it and boy its helps. when u first get on it its faster. then after a while it will go back to normal. try it its worth it.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
The "Shiv trick" made a noticeable difference when I first reflashed to Stages 1 and 2. I didn't notice as much when I went to the VF34 flash, but car was so completely different feeling that I'm not sure I would have noticed, anyway.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I still can never do his trick...i always do somethgin wrong

·
48,699 Posts
Yeah, it's a little bit of a balancing act, holding the gas down enough to get 2-5psi, and holding the brake so you don't go over 2500rpm.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
Yeah, it's a little bit of a balancing act, holding the gas down enough to get 2-5psi, and holding the brake so you don't go over 2500rpm.
i am only 18 and have been driving for just about 2 years, i dont think i am that well balanced :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Dream said:
Ok, whats the "trick" for us noobs who have no idea what your talking about?:confused:
Just search for it "shiv's Trick"
It was a sticky for awhile..
the trick increases the timing of ur rex, its pretty cool if u can do it.

·
48,699 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts