ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying an '02 WRX wagon and the guy tels me it uses a little oil and that this is normal for a turbocharged motor. Is that the case?

-mx

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
If you know of any cars that don't use oil without any issues you let me know. I will patent the crap out of that.

If you're speaking of oil consumption it really depends on the car and the modifications.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Half a quart in 3000 miles?

-mx
That's not too bad, it is normal for a turbocharged car to use more oil compared to a NA car, but how much is "normal", I don't have a definite answer.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
If you know of any cars that don't use oil without any issues you let me know. I will patent the crap out of that.
Nissan did. It's called the Leaf.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Nissan did. It's called the Leaf.
So there are no parts that require any sort of lubrication from petroleum based products?

And I was referring to internal combustion engines. ;)

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
So there are no parts that require any sort of lubrication from petroleum based products?

And I was referring to internal combustion engines. ;)
I know, I was just being difficult... While it obviously doesn't need an engine oil change, I can't vouch for any transmission components, wheel bearings, etc. It's got to have some sort of gear oil in the differential, unless they switched to unicorn farts and pixie dust...

Anyways... back on topic.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
8500 miles on mine, oil changes each under 3000 miles (like 2850-2975, whenever I can get a chance) and my engine does not seem to be consuming oil really.... I checked my old oil (just changed last week) about 2 weeks before the change and it was still reading full on the dipstick.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Well, I think I am going to pull the trigger on this wagon. It will be good to be back in a Suby.

-mx
With any private sale, I highly recommend having a Subaru mechanic check it out, just to make sure everything is ok.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
^^ +1000 ^^

1 - 14 of 14 Posts