Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Used wrx-problem??

I was at the dealership today when I came across this picture when we got home. It appears as if the differential casing is cracked? Any comments? :confused:
PS-Sorry if this is in the wrong fourm mods

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
thats weird! i dont see the crack so much. sorry to hijack...but remember the whole pentacle on the diff thread back in the day? after reading davinci code i know that that is the symbol for the sacred feminine....i wonder how that applies to japan and subaru?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dunno but it looks like the star japan had on their military uniforms back in the good old war days.......probably a major symbol in japan, means something else.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats how we saw it talking about the star acutally, but the thing im worried about was if you look to the right of the star near the top of that big bolt. Thiers that little line that travels upward, as well as something to fill it in farther up. However I could be just over parnoid. :(

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jerm95gt04WRX said:
what did subaru say? if it''s a crack i dunno that is bad.
Since I was just looking at the car it was "Oh no need to look at anything it passed our 108 point inspection" Didnt get a chance to point it out since we saw it after we left.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I think you should definitely take it back ASAP!
A crack in the diff is nothing to sneeze at.
Do you know what the 108 points covered?
They may knock some money off or something if you raise hell.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ssamurai26 said:
I think you should definitely take it back ASAP!
Luckly I walked out, so its still on the dealership lot. If it its a crack it will be intresting to see what they say about it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
*hillbilly accent*

that looks like that there JB weld,

it also looks like a triangular section was "blown" out...:confused1: notice the other cracks around that and also below(to the left) the drain plug

wonder how that happened

EDIT:its also really clean in that section...

·
Registered
76 Posts
mongorunner said:
*hillbilly accent*

that looks like that there JB weld,

it also looks like a triangular section was "blown" out...:confused1: notice the other cracks around that and also below(to the left) the drain plug

wonder how that happened

EDIT:its also really clean in that section...
That's what I was thinking. Looks like they just tried to patch up the break instead of replacing. Which might not be a huge deal if it doesn't leak, but I sure wouldn't put up with it if I were buying the car...

-Andy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts