Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the upcoming introduction of the 04 WRX, STi, Evo (out already), and whatever else has starting impacting the sales price of the used WRXs. Up till about two months ago I'd see the 02s for still over $20k. Now they are down to $16k and up. I guess the demand for these has dropped a bit and causing the prices to do the same. :eek:

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
retrodog said:
So the upcoming introduction of the 04 WRX, STi, Evo (out already), and whatever else has starting impacting the sales price of the used WRXs. Up till about two months ago I'd see the 02s for still over $20k. Now they are down to $16k and up. I guess the demand for these has dropped a bit and causing the prices to do the same. :eek:
i think its more a matter of everyone seling theirs, not so much a demand has dropped. just that the supply of used rex's has probably risen

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I agree with ebr0t - more supply, prices go down...

-snowcat

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: Used WRX Prices Dropping...

ebr0t said:
i think its more a matter of everyone seling theirs, not so much a demand has dropped. just that the supply of used rex's has probably risen
Doesn't seem to be. Just comparing the number of units available, doesn't seem to be on the increase. Hmmmm...

·
Registered
0 Posts
News Flash - The price of USED cars will always drop. :)

Also, as little as a few months ago, dealers were still getting near MSRP for 03's... now they are selling them for under invoice. Why would someone pay $20K for a used 02 when they can get a new 03 for $22K or even less? $2K isn't enough of a difference to go used vs new for basically the same car.

And, the used car market as a whole is in the toilet right now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Racenut3.0 said:
News Flash - The price of USED cars will always drop. :)

Also, as little as a few months ago, dealers were still getting near MSRP for 03's... now they are selling them for under invoice. Why would someone pay $20K for a used 02 when they can get a new 03 for $22K or even less? $2K isn't enough of a difference to go used vs new for basically the same car.

And, the used car market as a whole is in the toilet right now.
I was merely pointing out the non-linearity of the drop. And "yes", it is indeed a newsflash. Wasn't trying to stir things up. Just making an observation and posting it, since I have been tracking this for about a year now (off and on). :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts