ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in a dilemma . I really want a STI but the only one I found has 40,000 and its a 09 hatchback. I like it, but I am a little scare to buy a car that old. :confused: . Its a hatchback and I'm a little torn because I like the sedan a little better too. I'm huge on driving performance, I go up the mountains just to drive about once a week.Never owned a Subaru and I have read the STI handling has much better steering. Is that true? please dont flame me I'm just a NEWB.

If I dont get an Older STi I'm probably going to get a brand new WRX and mod it up like crazy and void my stupid warranty:D

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
Given that you can no longer order 2012 WRX/STi's, your best bet is going to be to wait for the 2013 model or try to find a nice used 2010 or 2011 (08-09 just have too many problems).

Also don't settle for a car because it's the first one you find. Wait it out, you can find the perfect car for you with patience.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Is a new STi out of the picture for you?

IMO if you're able to, get the STi. Yes, it's that much better. I'd look into a '10 STi for price, or if you're really set on the sedan, find a used '11.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Drive both, then decide.

There are a ton of people that love their WRX. But at the same time, many people have driven STIs after buying their WRX and while still loving it, and wished they'd gone for the STI.

Nothing wrong with buying a used STI, preferably as long as it has a good history of maintenance, stayed stock, one owner, that type of thing.

I personally...will always want/have an STI. I don't want a "plain ole WRX" :p

·
Registered
4,033 Posts

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts

·
Registered
4,033 Posts

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I think my WRX would be a formidable opponent for your measly stock STI. :tongue:
You know, probably. If you're stage 2, especially.

Decided to get a new wrx. What is a good short shifter to purchase ?
Kartboy. Get the shifter bushings to go with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts