Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, weird start to my first WRX. Bought from a dealership that didn't really know anything about the car's history. It had an AP mounted, Mishimoto intercooler, Mishimoto intake, Cobb downpipe & catback, Cobb EBCS, and maybe TGV deletes (there was an Aluminati TGV Delete box in the random things they gave me with it).

So... in order for the dealership to sell the car, they had to remove the downpipe (emissions, blahblah)... so they basically just put a full stock exhaust back on it, and removed the accessport (I'm not sure if they changed the tune or not).

The car seems to be running decently well... but I'm not well versed in how WRXs run yet, so who knows.

All that said... The aftermarket intercooler, intake, EBCS, and probably the TGV deletes are all still on the car... and it might be back to the OEM/stock tune.

I'm buying a new accessport... but given all the above, and the fact i probably won't put another downpipe/jpipe on the car for now... what map should I be using? Stage1+?

Should I be jumping straight to a ProTune with all the weird rag-tag parts from various stages, etc?

Very open to any help/advice you all might be able to provide!

<confused new wrx owner>

·
Super Moderator
11,436 Posts
It wouldn't run with those mods and no tune. Sounds like they didn't do anything.

Either way the car needs a protune

·
Æternum
15,861 Posts
I find it disappointing that any dealership would sell a car to you knowing that it is not properly mapped, never mind illegal to be driven on public roads...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts