ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and I are trying to get the Stock axle back off but the bolts are on so tight we cant loosen em. Do any of you have any tips for us? We just sprayed WD-40 on em too.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Keep spraying the bolts. I used liquid wrench. It worked better than WD-40.
A quick tap of the bolt with a hammer seems to jar the tight grip also.
Use a breaker bar,but make sure your socket is on tight of you might strip it.

....thats how i was able to get mine off with no problems or scratches.

·
Registered
647 Posts
ya soak them in whatever u want to use, and then hit the bolt (tip from my uncle, works well) and then get a huge breaker bar like suggest and that will do the trick.

also make sure you got some good leverage on the bolt as well.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Urgent?

I like when people say "EMERGENCY!!!!!!!" and they can't get a bolt off.

I think its more of an emergency when someone blows their engine, instead of their throttle response being sluggish;) :D

ANNNNNNNYWAY, WD-40, and use some muscle.

·
Registered
242 Posts
HE LIES!

Don't listen to spectre186's lies! He didn't get the bolts off :p. We had his dad get off the bolts because we are weaklings! They were on freakin tight! :redface:

Anyways, what probably helped the most was the ramps i had to drive the car up on. Gave us plenty of room under their without being as scary as being up on jacks. Maybe it's just me but i hate being under cars with only jacks holding em up. the new prodrive muffler looks and sounds great though! YAY!

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
I use a product called PB Blaster to get exhaust bolts started. Spray on liberally, tap the bolt a few times with a wrench, then wait 15-20 minutes. Then comes the breaker bar...I've never had a problem...

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
DTR maxima said:
a breaker bar is your friend :)
Haha I thought so too until I tried to get the bolt out of the downpipe braket bar and it stripped the head and my hand smashed the underside of the car splitting my finger open and breaking the bone. :(

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
I use a product called PB Blaster to get exhaust bolts started. Spray on liberally, tap the bolt a few times with a wrench, then wait 15-20 minutes. Then comes the breaker bar...I've never had a problem...
PB is da shlt!!! I love that stuff.

·
48,699 Posts
scooby24 said:
Haha I thought so too until I tried to get the bolt out of the downpipe braket bar and it stripped the head and my hand smashed the underside of the car splitting my finger open and breaking the bone. :(
Oh crap!:eek3:
Everything ok, now?

·
48,699 Posts
trainrex said:
PB is da shlt!!! I love that stuff.
Yep, but it sure does smell in enclosed spaces! Sheesh. Probably causes permanent dain bramage.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
Oh crap!:eek3:
Everything ok, now?
Yeah it is now....took a good three weeks to heal though cuz I'm stubborn and wanted to get the exhaust done instead of going to the hospital. Note to self....an injury that shows the bone should be stiched....or else it takes a long time to heal and the scar looks nasty

·
Registered
863 Posts
Re: HE LIES!

Sector9 said:
Maybe it's just me but i hate being under cars with only jacks holding em up.
I hope you meant jack stands.

If so then yes, being under a car held up by just jack stands, especially if you're struggling with stubborn bolts is definitely a scary thing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
Yep, but it sure does smell in enclosed spaces! Sheesh. Probably causes permanent dain bramage.
Yeah that stuff smells stout. I think it almost smells like some kind of insect killer. Wasp spray maybe.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts