ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys , Im new on here and trying to sort out a very big problem for me.

I have a 2010 STI Hatch and after fitting parts and trying an access port from COBB which didn't work ive done some research and found out that my STI is a Euro Version.

Im in Middle east and tried but cannot get the car tuned properly or even at all because of definition files,data back up files etc not available.

I have the following installed on the engine side

AEM Intake
Invidia Q300 Cat Back
Invidia Catless Downpipe
Turbo XS FMIC
Turbo Smart Hybrid BOV

Obviously i cannot remove all the parts and go back to standard,Nor do i want to as the car sounds amazing now.

Does anybody know where i can buy a similar item to the Access port or a pre-programmed ECU that can be tuned to my parts.Does any body know a very good tuner that can do this through emails for me using opensource.?

Any advice will be really appreciated as im worried that driving will damage my engine now and car is off road until i sort this.Tried Prova as well in Japan and they cant help either.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,234 Posts
Contact fora in the EU, for example the UK's Scoobynet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heres a thought.

Can i just replace the Factory Euro Version ECU with a USDM version ECU. Then i can use the Access port.?

Anybody know if this is possible

Thanks

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I just got into London from Bahrain this morning. Cool place! It was my second time there in less than a month.

You shouldn't be running the BOV on your car. They're not designed for them and they usually cause a lot of issues. As for swapping the ECU, I believe that would work ok, but I'm not positive if all of the Euro sensors and parts are exactly the same so that a US ECU would be plug and play. But that doesn't really matter because Cobb doesn't offer a map that supports the FMIC. You shouldn't bother with the FMIC anyway because with a stock turbo, it's just giving you more lag and not any power. Unless you can get a custom tune for it, you need to take it off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Teflon

Dont really want to start removing parts,I like the look of the FMIC and i drove it to the tuners and didn't really lagg.but then im foot down everywhere anyway.lol

Why not fit a BOV.?

Contacted XPTtuning.com as they have maps for my mods in opensource. Waiting a reply.

Gimme a shout if youre ever over here again.You in the Base.?

Cheers

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Ok so you do have a tuner then. I'm confused why you say you can't get it tuned then?

While you can tune for a BOV, these cars don't like them. Look at the sticky in the tuning section on BOVs. There's a TON of information about this.

I'm not at the base. I go through Bahrain on my way in/out of Saudi where I do work in the oil industry.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ill look that up , thanks.

I have a tuner but he cant do anything without a base map. i dont know.!!

This is why im looking now at SPT to get a base map and then my guy can fine tune. well thats the plan anyway. If not then im gonna ship the car to Dubai to get it sorted next week.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
dubai might be the best bet unfortunately.

I as well have been to bahrain. It's an interesting place. Ended up one night at a shisha place on the water. It was hidden behind a family bowling alley. Really enjoyed that place.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
ill look that up , thanks.

I have a tuner but he cant do anything without a base map. i dont know.!!

The base map is on your factory ECU. With the Tactrix cable and Opensource software (Ecuflash) you can pull the original image off,edit it and reflash it with the moddified image.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Guys,

Got hold of XPT and bought the stage 2 map.

Flashed my ECU and loaded First time and the tuner had a little play with minor adjustments.

On the dyno my car did 290.4 HP @ 216.5KW, Is that about right for my mods.?. Not sure. Had hoped it would be higher.

Pulls a lot better on the road and backfires now and again at high RPM when i let off. Tuner says because of the BOV

Sounds excellent now with the exhaust

Thanks

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Standard drivetrain loss on these cars is about 17%, so that puts you at about 350 crank HP. That's about right for stage 2 on these cars.

The fact the tuner can't fully tune for the BOV and it's causing it to run rich should tell you something. There's a reason they're not recommended.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts