ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a call back from my insurance guy. He appolagized and told me the quote he gave me was withouth the one accident i have on my record...

My insurance on a WRX just went up $864 a year :( :( :(

Bring the total from the first quote of $1728 per year to a new quote of $2592 :( The national average of 40-50% increase for the first accident just came and bit me in the ass..

I dont know what im going to do guys... :(

EDIT: These were estimates. He said i would have to take in mind the cost to actualy make the policy and the other BS

·
Registered
651 Posts
Dude I pay $325 a month, I'm on my own insurance. If you have to do it that way then do it, the car is worth it. It's funny I pay $198 a month for the car and $325 a month for insurance.

*edit* I just woke up from a nap and couldn't type right

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
216 bucks a month for insurance.. another 320 or so for the car a month... over 500 dollars...

Hmm that would be cutting it close to my budgets. I still have to pay for college and an apartment

·
Registered
651 Posts
Well how much do you think you will put down and how much will you get for you car? I put down $10k and got $5k for my car so I don't have much car payment to pay.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Damn 7.75% :eek:

I bought my first car at 6.5% for 5 years...of course I had a co-signer but I could still get a low rate from my credit union. Its all about credit rating.

Insurance sucks but just think when you turn 21 it drops by like 30-40% I understand the whole college thing though I was stuck driving an 87 cavalier the first few years of college :(

·
Premium Member
4,475 Posts
Damn that's so crazy... hte amount of insurence you guys are paying... why don't you try calling aroudn to see if anyone can provide a better rate for you? There are tons of companies out there that sends your info to a list of companies and returns the lowest rate for you. Give that a try and see how it goes. Good luck!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ive called State Farm. Allstate. Progressive and Geico... all the same roughly. And my grandma has even called to see if i could get under her plan.... only made it about 100 bucks cheaper.

Ive even tried those online websites for insurance... no go. Those are WAY more then an agent quote even!

If i cant find insurance... there is no way i can afford the 200+ a month just to drive a car

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Dude that sucks! :mad: How long before the 21 years hits? Have you done the "driving" type classes that give you, albeit small, percentage breaks?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I turn 19 in one month.

doesnt look good. Ive got 3 years of college left too. Although thats not saying that i cant turn around next year and see how insruance looks.

I think i might have to wait now :( Im so pissed off that i cant even be pissed off really.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
first off, I think the huge price drop is at 25.
2nd, you're 19 with a WRX? :eek:

I'm 23, I payed $260 at first for my insurance, and now I only pay $160/mo. This is with a clean record for the last 3 yrs (It would have been $90/mo with allstate, but I have some things on my record 4 yrs ago).

-C

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can easily afford the car payments on a WRX.. and insurance like my GRAND AM!!! Which is roughly 120 a month... not like over 200!!! Even that extra 100 a month is what it takes for me to PARK FOR WORK DOWNTOWN HERE :mad: ...

·
5,799 Posts
Try Country Companies:
http://www.countryfinancial.com/

I've been with them for several years. When I recently looked around for a new quote, I had companies like GEICO quoting me over twice as much. I stayed with Country since I pay about $1200/yr for myself and my wife on the WRX. I'm hoping it comes down some more when we hit the big 3-0. Ironically, I pay considerably less for insurance on the JGC which was a $34k vehicle, and is potentially a much more lethal weapon. Screwy.

-Pace

·
Registered
139 Posts
Price drop is at 21 and 25 mine dropped considerably when I turned 21...dropped almost 50%

WRXed ohio requires driving classes to get your license so there are no breaks on insurance for it. I'm shocked some of you guys pay so much when I get mine I'll be paying around 1200-1300/year.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
black99gt said:
I just got a call back from my insurance guy. He appolagized and told me the quote he gave me was withouth the one accident i have on my record...

My insurance on a WRX just went up $864 a year :( :( :(

Bring the total from the first quote of $1728 per year to a new quote of $2592 :( The national average of 40-50% increase for the first accident just came and bit me in the ass..

I dont know what im going to do guys... :(

EDIT: These were estimates. He said i would have to take in mind the cost to actualy make the policy and the other BS

Just try a different insurance agent... or company... the cheapest i have found for myself $150/month. $901/6months.. Im 19, clean driving record so far... (3 pending tickets to take care of though). Also, is that a 0, 200, or 500 deductable? that actually can make a little bit a difference.

-Mike
[email protected]
www.mikeville.com

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
500 deduc.

And ive tried State Farm. Allstate. Progressive and Geico
and even those places on the internet..

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
black99gt said:
500 deduc.

And ive tried State Farm. Allstate. Progressive and Geico
and even those places on the internet..
my sister (21) and i (19) are both on our parents policy still eventhough my sis doesnt even have a car at college... u should check that out and see if u can get a multi-car discount... like u and ur parents... say the 3 of u have 4 cars... put u on one that isnt the WRX, therefore u are primary on a non WRX and u have insurance and will be covered on the WRX when u drive it.

just a thought.

-mike
[email protected]
www.mikeville.com

1 - 20 of 25 Posts