Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 WRX.
Just out of curiosity, I recently went to the and put down 285hp/350tq, I feel like I’d have a heavier HP, I know multiple other builds with way less put into it that have more. Just curious if maybe I should start to try and find where the power loss is coming from? I get every car is different on the dyno but still curious.
Cobb 3” Big Sf Intake
Cobb Turbo Back Exhaust
Cobb Non Res J Pipe
Cobb LF Bypass Valve
Cobb Air Oil Separator
Process West Verticooler
Perrin Equal Length Headers
Perrin EBCS
Perrin 3” Turbo Inlet

·
Super Moderator
10,985 Posts
Sounds right to me, find a higher reading Dyno or have them change the correction factor on the Dyno for a quick 200 extra horsepower.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 WRX.
Just out of curiosity, I recently went to the and put down 285hp/350tq, I feel like I’d have a heavier HP, I know multiple other builds with way less put into it that have more. Just curious if maybe I should start to try and find where the power loss is coming from? I get every car is different on the dyno but still curious.
Cobb 3” Big Sf Intake
Cobb Turbo Back Exhaust
Cobb Non Res J Pipe
Cobb LF Bypass Valve
Cobb Air Oil Separator
Process West Verticooler
Perrin Equal Length Headers
Perrin EBCS
Perrin 3” Turbo Inlet
Have you had it re-mapped? Also my remap guy told me fuel is very important, he reckoned a decent one can boost up to about 40hp. Two best: Shell V-power, or Tesco's 99 momentum

·
Super Moderator
10,985 Posts
Have you had it re-mapped? Also my remap guy told me fuel is very important, he reckoned a decent one can boost up to about 40hp. Two best: Shell V-power, or Tesco's 99 momentum
He only has a few mods that will actually make a difference in his power. The intake, turbo back and intercooler.

285 wheel hp is about average for that. The vehicle already has equal length headers from the factory that are really good. The AOS and turbo inlet won't help power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts