ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perrin gen2 uppipe has no egt bung. They have you replace the sensor with a resistor to "fool" the computer into thinking EGT's are nominal. I would like to hear thoughts on how the engine would run (lean/rich/cold starts etc) and the possible safety risks of this setup.

I am considering having this installed by GRDperformace www.grdperformance.com but i dont want to hear from the guy making $ that it will be ok. Know what i mean?

-Tim

·
5,799 Posts
I was under the impression that the oem EGT probe is not utilized by the ECU to actually adjust the A/F ratios nor timing. However, it may be that a high enough EGT reading would cause the ECU to trigger a CEL (and put the vehicle into some kind of 'limp' mode?)

Anyone?

-Pace

·
Registered
7 Posts
Perrin Up-Pipe Info!

Hello,

Just a note to mention that Pace is right. The ECU does not use the EGT sensor for tuning. The EGT sensor is prone to failure for a variety of reasons. From misinstallation to cracks etc. In addition it is likely to false read to the ECU under higher levels of boost and therefore cause driveablility problems. In some extreme cases the EGT sensor can lead to teh WRX being totally disabled on the side fo the road. The Perrin pipe removes that sensor and eliminates the problem with no adverse effects. The new GEN III version available now includes the following all 321 stainless, 1/2" flanges, new studs, illustrated instructions, stickers, CEL gaurantee and 3-yr warranty. Please contact us or any other Perrin retailer for more details or to order!

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts