ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i still have an uppipe leak and i can't figure it out. do you guys think i should use 2 gaskets? if anyone wants to help or take a look i get off at 1030 pm on friday and saturday and i don't work till 1 pm. call me at 720 771 4428 . as my internets down and ive only been able to check it at my sisters house.
thanks to anyone
rich

·
Registered
431 Posts
Imprezed said:
well i still have an uppipe leak and i can't figure it out. do you guys think i should use 2 gaskets? if anyone wants to help or take a look i get off at 1030 pm on friday and saturday and i don't work till 1 pm. call me at 720 771 4428 . as my internets down and ive only been able to check it at my sisters house.
thanks to anyone
rich
Dunno about the two gaskets (someone else can answer that), but some copper seal-a-gasket (form-a-gasket?) might help, and also making sure you use the right torque specs.

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
Not two gaskets.

Alrighty then. 26ft-lbs. Torque the elbow thingy to the engine block (3 bolts). Torque the pipes that elbow thingy connects to (4 bolts). Torque the 3 bolts on the turbo that do not go through brackets. Torque the 2 that do. That should do it.

If you've developed a leak, you cannot reuse the gaskets. I mean.. like... if you put it back together and it leaks right away, sure, you probably can, but if it's been leaking for a while or the leak develops after a time (like mine), the uppipe gaskets are gone. In fact, one of mine was cracked... which I think was the source of the leak.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
its leaking from the flange where the crosspipe and uppipe meet. I think it may be because i had the uppipe on the floor and i was beating it with a screwdriver and it left some dings on the flange. Its a new gaskett so i don't know what to do. do you think i should use like a liquid gasket or something? thanks. I have today off and tomorrow im out of work by 230 if anyone would be great enough to help. thanks
rich

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
help, i get off of work tomorrow at noon. help. if anyone would like to give an opinion about my leak, i could drive down there and show you. anyone. bueler anyone. thanks
rich

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn, i think my post got moved somewhere so bump. help im crying in the corner of my room.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts