Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installed the uppipe, didnt seal it with anything, figured it would be ok. I let the car idle, it sounds just fine. Then i take it out for a spin, im shifting regularly, turbo sounds a little louder, not much. Then i get on it, floor it all the way, and you can just hear the turbo its a WHEEEEEZZZZING noise, and its loud as ****, sounds like a train kind of :p. Only when u floor the car does the sound happen. My question is, is this typical of a leak in the uppipe??

-Bobby D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it sounds like a SHHHHHH

it sounds like a very high pitched SHHHHHH. And it only happens if i lay HARD on the pedal. For example, i could be going in first up to 6000 rpm, but not floring it, and it wont make that sound. But if i floor it, once it hits 3000 rpm, it starts making a loud SHHHHH, that is kinda high pitched. Is that the turbo? I didnt know Turbo's were that high pitched :p. Btw, i have the Uppipe and Downpipe, i put them in at the same time.

-BObby D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it just sounds really loud...

Is tehre anyway i can record a sound sample and post it for you guys to hear?? what would i use to do that? anybody know... To tell you the truth, i LOVE the sound its making. It sounds so bad ass. I told my friends to sit outside and listen to my car and they said "holly ****, your car sounds bad ass $$, its like a damn rally car!!!" so i dont know. Maybe i just have a HUGE exhaust leak. But i just dont see how an exhaust leak would make this noise? And wouldnt a leak always make a noise, no matter what? See the noise i hear is only when i drop the accelerator all the way to the floor, otherwise it sounds normal. So if i drive normal, shifting at 3000 rpm, it sounds just like it always did, but when i mash it down, at around 3000 rpm it starts doing the SSSSSHHHHHHH, and its pretty damn loud :p especially when i dont have the music on. And you can hear it really well from the outside. ANyways, how do i record a soundclip of it? while driving???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.