ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought an uppipe and i need help installing it. I have very little experience and want to learn so i can stop being an ignorant subie enthusiast and start being a knowledgable subie enthusiast!! If anyone coulp help me out that would be great!!! I live in aurora and am willing to drive...thanks to everyone!

·
Registered
714 Posts
I am also free to do this....perhaps this Saturday at my place? You supply dinner, I supply garage, tools and "expertiese"

·
Registered
714 Posts
Best I've done yet is 4 hours.....including the 45 minutes it took us to take the studs off the stock UP to put into the aftermarket UP because someone forgot to buy them :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
HAHA this is great...i just got my uppipe and tbe i need help putting it in....ill buy beer since that seems like the best motivator around here. Im gonna make a seperate post also just in case.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Colorado Rexer said:
I am also free to do this....perhaps this Saturday at my place? You supply dinner, I supply garage, tools and "expertiese"
I would appreciate that so much, i dont know if it will be here by saturday seeing that it just got shipped today, but i would absolutely supply dinner, like outback??? I'd get ya beer too but im not of age....We should have a whole schindig if lots of others wanna do the install also....i smell a festival

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Is it really taking you guys over 3 hours to do the uppipe install? IIRC it didn't take that long at all for mine. I would led a hand, but I am in Detroit till saturday night. If it doesn't happen this weekend I will offer my place next weekend, or one afternoon next week. I have air tools, a cherry picker, and strippers.
MCL

PS I don't really have strippers(to share with you guys):tongue:

·
Registered
714 Posts
WickedRydaX said:
Is it really taking you guys over 3 hours to do the uppipe install? IIRC it didn't take that long at all for mine. I would led a hand, but I am in Detroit till saturday night. If it doesn't happen this weekend I will offer my place next weekend, or one afternoon next week. I have air tools, a cherry picker, and strippers.
MCL

see, now Mike is all "look at me, I am the uppipe GOD!!"

LOL.....just playing Mikey

Anyway, if people want, we can do a mini install at my place up here in Longmont this Saturday. Let me know.

PS I don't really have strippers(to share with you guys):tongue:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So the guy who was selling me the uppipe, said it got stolen, so prolly not for another week or two until i can find a new uppipe...

·
Registered
32 Posts
astricii said:
I should be getting my up pipe in an hour or so. would we be able to do this some time soon? Josh you seem to know your ish when it comes to these things. will there be anything I need to get for the install? any things that might not come with the U/P?
Me too...i think my tbe came with all gaskets and bolts...and i got new gaskets for my uppipe...but thats all i have...do i need to buy some bolts?

Also are we still gonna do this on sat. Looks like there are still 2 or 3 of us that need to do it. I am free after like 1 or so on sat up through sunday evening....let me know.

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
If any of these uppipes are done sunday I might be able to lend a hand. My personal record is 1.5 hours :cool:
...but that was swapping an aftermarket for a different aftermarket, so neither one had an EGT probe

1 - 20 of 23 Posts