ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to get my stock uppipe back in as I have sold the Helix one and I'm sure the person I sold it to would like it sometime soon. Anyway, I'm stuck and was wondering if you guys had any tips or suggestions.

So far I've got the whole TBE off, the uppipe is completely unbolted and floating freely. I've unscrewed the pitch arm bolt and the passenger side engine mount bolt (the one next to the oil pan and the oil filter, right?) The front end of the car is up on jack stands. I have a floor jack with a 2x4 on top it, under the oil pan. When I try to jack the motor up, it appears I'm lifting the whole front end, and the motor isn't budging. What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm running out of time. :(

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
So if I understand right, you're still trying to get the aftermarket one out.

I got my stock one out by turning it so the part that goes to the turbo faced the rear of the car and then took it out from the bottom.
You could also take the passenger side manifold off. That was really easy on my car. It was too bad I realized that after I wiggled the uppipe out.

And if worst comes to worst you can remove the turbo and take it out from the top. If you do that you can use batteries to plug the coolant and oil lines (Tronner's genius). Hope this helps. I'd offer to swing by but I've got a Statics test tomorrow. If you don't get it by tomorrow, I can swing by after 1PM.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, trying to get the aftermarket one out. I will try taking off the manifold and see if that works for me. Thanks for the advice, Cam. :) Sam may be swinging by tonight, but I'll let you know if I'm still struggling tomorrow. Thanks again.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got it. All I can say is, Sam is amazing. He dropped by on his way home and helped me swap out the uppipes. Thank you so much.

(Barring any major misfortunes tonight, I shouldn't need any more assistance but I appreciate the offer, Cam :) )

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
No problem d00d. It seems like just yesterday when we put the Helix in. I remember throwing a lot of wrenches in Zem's garage, but that was mainly because of Cam's PITA sensor.
I'm glad we discovered the "push it in from the top" method...i'm surprised that worked on the stocker. Good to know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts