ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wat uppipe/downpipe combo do u guys think i should get if i stick with the stock catback and muffler. estimated gains and reliability. thanks for the help

·
Registered
46 Posts
helix up and down pipe :thumbup: :thumbup: mine fit perfect without any trimming what so ever.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
rokyholler said:
cant beat the price and fitment although i had to trim my tranny crossmember b/c my dp was rybbing a bit
I had to do that with my Godspeed. Is that not the most God awful sound you ever heard???!!!

J.D.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I agree that the helix is a good way to go but if you plan on keeping your 3rd cat then I'd suggest getting a stromung dp and gutting your uppipe or buy an extra like I did. I got a great deal so everything cost about $150 and the gains were great! I was able to move up to Cobb stg2.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm suprised that noone's mentioned the HKS uppipe and downpipe. Using those pipes, a prodrive axleback and some Samco IC hoses, I put 201 to the wheels.

Flat-plate downpipes are good designs... good and cheap.

I paid $340 for the 2, shipped, new. You can find either for $100 on private sales.

·
Registered
241 Posts
What do you guys think of the Invidia downpipe??? with catback exhaust......
I think the invidia dp takes out 2 cats.

uppipe, maybe helix
but what you guys think of Invidia DP ?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
AWDrifter21 said:
What do you guys think of the Invidia downpipe??? with catback exhaust......
I think the invidia dp takes out 2 cats.

uppipe, maybe helix
but what you guys think of Invidia DP ?
Well if ur thinking helix up-pipe , you should just go with the helix combo they have over at gruppe-s. They even have a combo of up-pipe, down-pipe and catback. I think subydude.com has a sound clip of it and its sick. Also helix fits great, made well and the downnpipe is bellmouth

BUT if u really want a invidia its still a verrrry good choice.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
If your on a budget id go with the erz combo...theyre pretty cheap and sofar ive heard pretty good stuff about it but if you got some spending money get the helix or perrin u/p and d/p

·
Registered
593 Posts
I would go for the HKS up/dp. I also plan to do the same thing, change the up & dp and still stay with the stock cat-back exhuast!!!!

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
dont go with the hks...the hks u/p still retains the 02 sensor in the pipe which may eventually break off and destroy the turbo and the hks d/p doesnt allow for the wastegate gases to escape so you wont be getting full potential...try to get an u/p that doesnt have a bung for the o2 sensor such as perrin and a d/p that either has a bellmouth or divorced wastegate tube...such as perrin, erz,helix etc.

·
Registered
593 Posts
WRXcelration said:
dont go with the hks...the hks u/p still retains the 02 sensor in the pipe which may eventually break off and destroy the turbo and the hks d/p doesnt allow for the wastegate gases to escape so you wont be getting full potential...try to get an u/p that doesnt have a bung for the o2 sensor such as perrin and a d/p that either has a bellmouth or divorced wastegate tube...such as perrin, erz,helix etc.

I think it all depend on what stage you want to go! If you only want to stick with stage II or stage III, it won't built up so extreme hot exhuast gas that can be able to blow off your o2 sensor. And bellmouth downpipe, you only can take the advantage by changing a bigger turbo. If you keep using your stock turbo, you even have couple more torque by using the HKS block type down pipe.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thanx guys..... helps alot... but the main thing is this.

I want an dp and catback and NO CEL.
i just want a great dp and when i got money i will get the uppipe and install that...

i can do the dp and catback exhaust, but i just dont have the time for the uppipe install... i only got one car.

but so invidia is a decent dp plus carback?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts