ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok got the uppipe in no problem. gasket all good. down pipe real freeking loud not a big deal for now. but the stupid oil return line tried to fall off which I had not anticipated. tried several different things wont move up. and the clamps on there might as well not even be on there. then this morning after logging about 20 miles the cel comes on. even with the mechanical cel fix which is like a anti plug foul insert. so can you help on this stuff. where can I get a good cost effective cel fix does it require hacking my wires. ok fyi perrin uppipe (no sensor spot) down pipe two o2 sensor locations. one in the top by the mouth. the other by the back. o2 installed on the back. please let me know as soon as possible specially on the oil hose. not leaking much right now. little dribbles. but like to get it fixed as soon as possible. was thinking to remove the down pipe and I might have a better chance to get it back on.

Oh I call the dealer. oh I am sorry we cant do it right now. I am sorry but we may have to return your car to stock in order to service it even though it's just the hose. this is from a dealer that right now is selling a esx sti stage 2. ok no cats on that car. what the hell? sell it yes, but touch it no. freeking hipocrits.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well I think I will drop my down pipe and see if I can get it to move back in place tonight. I called the dealer and they say the part is $20 for that hose and that it will take 4 days to get. but if you have any suggestions. please let me know.
as always thanx

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
What hose did you move? That shouldn't have been nessicary. :confused:

If your UP doesn't have an EGT bung, you'll need to go to Radio Shack and get a 2.2k ohm 1/2 watt resistor to replace the EGT sensor with. About 99 cents...

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was having a problem with the uppipe and moved the turbo when the pipes were off. I though I got it back in place but was not fully on after all. I want to choke the guy that sold me the uppipe as he said all I needed to do was set the sensor aside as it was not needed but I could leave it pluged in. sure... man I was a trusting fool there. just read NASIOC need a 2.2 KOhm 1/2 watt resister. $1 fix from radio shack. think I will drop the down pipe tonight and see if then I can get on that little hose and pop it back on. as far as dealers local man they stink. back to stock :thumbdown :bs: think I will find a way to get my car down to costa mesa for my 90k service as there awsome there. they will do anything you want as long as you got card or money. :thumbup: guys over at that dealer sure wanted to sell me a sti though. :rolleyes: whatever. he like your payment would not change. like ya and... parts guys are nice. there like ok what you need ok take this long. man I hate dealers. vw was the same way.

well wish me luck. as I am going to need it.;)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well here is a good laugh. ok so I pull the down pipe and fix the small oil leak at the turbo. I am under the car and it drips a few times. I notice it was not from what I was working on. trackied it down. the stupid lines on the power steering were loose. I could not beleive it. but I kinda can as the car was hit on the passanger side before. so now I need a power steering pump I think as it now wobbles a bit when turning. dont know laugh or cry. :confused1 oh well no leaks now and the bottle is full. car runs good and no more check engine light idther. I feel the power! or atleast on my right foot :D so where do I stand stage 2 or 2.5 or ? upipe, down pipe, CAI, intercooler hoses and ebc. :wiggles:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts