ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just picked up a 02 WRX Wagon with the standard sound system. What is the best setup I could get for under $250? I don't want a sub in the trunk since the trunk get used. I am willing to buy used!! I was thinking about upgrading the HU and getting a pair of a nice pair of front speakers.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Need BB said:
Well I just picked up a 02 WRX Wagon with the standard sound system. What is the best setup I could get for under $250? I don't want a sub in the trunk since the trunk get used. I am willing to buy used!! I was thinking about upgrading the HU and getting a pair of a nice pair of front speakers.

Thanks
Yes, get a good HU and get some decent component speakers. You could probably get a pretty good HU with MP3 support online for like $170 and some pretty good components for maybe $100. Depends on how picky you are.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Ebay ebay ebay. Get some used components and a used HU and you'll get good stuff for cheap. For around 100 I think you can get some lower model MB Quart components. Install everything yourself and you will save a bunch of money also. Head unit install seems complex but is really just a bunch of splicing wires. It's fun taking your car apart and installing stuff.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I dont really trust it either but one of my friends does the whole ebay thing all of the time and is pretty successful

1 - 5 of 5 Posts