Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey pepz. I have just a stock standard 03 ver8 imprezza WRX and am wanting to up the performance. I'm thinking of a vf30 turbo walbro 500hp fuel pump. At this point wondering what injectors would be good match along with airflow metre. Probably include a turbo back exhaust. Will it require internals being done too? Thoughts recommendations? Cheers

·
Super Moderator
10,890 Posts
500whp you'll almost certainly want a built block. As far as what will get you there, I'm can't offer the best advice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not after 500Hp it's a brand of fuel pump it's a "walbro that is rated to 500 hp basicly I'm just after say 350 hp for now as the ver8 is stock 227 I think it was but don't quote. Basicly after the same if not a touch more than say a ver8 sti

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
Hey pepz. I have just a stock standard 03 ver8 imprezza WRX and am wanting to up the performance. I'm thinking of a vf30 turbo walbro 500hp fuel pump. At this point wondering what injectors would be good match along with airflow metre. Probably include a turbo back exhaust. Will it require internals being done too? Thoughts recommendations? Cheers

Fuel pumps are rated in liters per hour, not hp. I would do the turbo, Walbro 255lph pump, and Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors.. of course you're going to want a catless uppipe, aftermarket turboback exhaust, the stock intake would be fine but a good aftermarket one shouldn't hurt. If you get a short ram I would make sure to get a box with it to block off hot air in the engine bay. I would also throw on a high quality TMIC (not one of those "big" generic ones that tend to perform worse than stock), a 3-port EBCS, and equal length headers.

With a good tune you shouldn't need to rebuild the engine as long as it doesn't have very many miles on it yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts