Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would getting the blitz SUS and a MBC be a good start for an upgrade path?....i dont want anything that will give me CEL's or that the dealership will void my warranty with...I am assuming i can just remove the MBC and noone will be the wiser...

can someone jsut give me some thoughts on how the car would run with these two upgrades?...will there be a noticable difference in power and are there any negative effects?....thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i too want a downpipe but my dealer said it would void warranty...

also, if i dont have a boost gauge, would there be a point in getting an MBC, because i have no idea what i would be running now and after the install.....?

·
Registered
161 Posts
No parts will void your warranty. This is a cause and effect deal. If the dealer states that said aftermarket part contributed to the failure of the original equipment, then they can void your warranty.

I am in the same boat. If something breaks, then I will do everything possible to get the car to my garage to remove all aftermarket parts. I will have to remove my DP anyway when my inspection is due in April. Its an emissions thing;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
you need a boost gauge to set your MBC, otherwise you may set the boost too high or lower than stock. As for warranty issues, this is why I am going to wait for the reflashed ECU since its invisible to shop computers and I can set the boost higher and have it nicely computer controlled. Also the other main plus for me anyway is that the ECU won't be fighting these add-ons by pulling timing etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts