ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '05 WRX came with the upgrded sound system. It's not bad.

My question is...Are the speakers that come with the upgraded sound system, the upgraded speakers that they offer?

I have the sub under the seat. Is it adjustable like some other car models? Some have an adjustment screw to turn up the volume/bass (inside the enclosure).

·
Registered
505 Posts
If you have the upgraded system I am pretty sure that includes the sub and the speaker upgrade.

The SUb has adjustments on the same exterior side as the plug for the harness. There's volume and gain I think.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WHERE?

I had my flashlight out looking for the gain/volume knob and couldn't find any. I saw the wiring harness, but no knobs. Are they super tiny? The sub seems to be glued to the floor.

·
Registered
505 Posts
The install includes double sided tape to stick it to the floor. They are there. They are black and you would use a phillips screwdriver to adjust them. Do a search I'm sure you'll find some pics of them here.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After multiple searches, I give up.

The amp/sub is really glued to the floor. The way the harness is situated it's impossible to get a screwdriver in there while it's glued to the floor. Oh well, I can always use the volume knob on the dash. I just wanted to see if the power could be improved.

·
Registered
598 Posts
stock HU is complete crap, that's where the poor sounds begins. i got an alpine HU and a 10 inch sub while still using my stock speakers and it sounds much much better.

·
ClubWRX.net Vendor
500 Posts
Using your stock headunit, is like using a VCR and playing it on a 65" High-def TV. The sound will never improve after leaving the source. Start with a radio. Hit me up if you're not sure what to go with, or where to start.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts