ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to find upgraded fuel injectors for the 2016 WRX? I've looked all over and have only been able to find the flex fuel ethanol sensor kit. Which I do not want to get for several different reasons.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Super Modulator
19,549 Posts
The 2016 WRX is direct injected...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just worried about lag, and have received conflicting information from friends, parts companies, etc.

Currently, I just have a cobb accessport, and a cold air intake.

This weekend, I'll be putting on:
TR GTX2971 Hybrid Turbo
^(This is the latest model, with larger internal components, wheels and point milled blade vs. the original turbo I purchased) - Per Tomioka
TR Exhaust Manifold
Nameless Chargepipe w/ BOV

With the original turbo I bought I figured I wouldn't exceed the factory limitations of the Fuel Injectors, but Tomioka upgraded me to their latest model which has larger components.

I'm obviously new to modding, but my friend who is helping me this weekend has 800hp turbo diesel Dodge 2500 (that he has built himself), and thinks that I will need upgraded injectors. I'm hoping he is wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And a turbo back exhaust will be installed this weekend as well. Forgot to put that in the list.

·
Premium Member
10,112 Posts
He is very wrong. He should be aware of that being a diesel guy. I'm not the most knowing guy of everything but my total understanding of DI in your case comes down to injection pressure. You may find you need a stronger lift pump in the future, but the injectors will be fine

You will also need to have the car tuned professionally for the turbo swap, so i would forego the buddy and find a shop who knows what's up.

·
Super Modulator
19,549 Posts
For big power on a DI motor, the best path is to add indirect injectors to the intake manifold.

That's big $$

·
BooSTIng
2,665 Posts
I believe you bought parts without the correct knowledge and jumped wayyyy in over your head here.

·
Super Modulator
19,549 Posts
Exactly who will be tuning your vehicle?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In Boost Performance is going to be tuning my vehicle. Have an appointment set.
Everything is installed in the list above plus a grimmspeed intercooler.

·
Super Modulator
19,549 Posts
Great. All further questions should be directed at your tuner first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts