·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are my planned mods:

Monster port/polish+black hole wastgage mod
Downpipe w/cat
AP or Utec

Since I can afford to do things "right", would it be recommended to upgrade the fuel pump and injectors? Or will this be an un-nessecary mod that might actually cause problems?

I'm just concerned because a few months ago, people were concerned that the stock fuel delivery was almost maxed out in stock form.

Obviously, I want to do things right/safe.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just had my STi dyno tuned. Mods are APS TBE w/cat, stock turbo no port, Utec. At 301/whp I am out of fuel. My current plan is a 255lph pump upgrade and PE850cc injectors. The injectors are over kill with the current setup but the will be just right with the planned turbo upgrade.

·
6,298 Posts
Good question, good answer. Thanks guys...I was thinking about this very same modification as I'm a firm believer in taking care of the support mods prior to the major power adders. (which is why my stoppers were the first thing to get upgraded!!)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm looking for a staged kit that will have the fuel pump, bigger injectors and bigger turbo from cobb. Hopefully it will be conservative, such as a VF22 or equivilent.

·
Banned
566 Posts
Irishman said:
How hard is it to upgrade the injectors and fuel pump? Is it a noob job or an experienced mech job? What is the cost to do it right?
The injectors are not hard at all to change, it is a lot easier if you do it in a morning where youhave not driven the car for a couple hours but not necessary. As in the fuel pump it depends on whatkind of fuel pump you do (how much rewiring to you have to do or will it plug in just like the stocker)

I have 740cc injectors and fuel pump on my car and I did the work myself and have never done either before on any car and I managed to get it done with out breaking anything

(watch out for the pressure in the injectors when you do take your stockers off though casue fuel in the face is a no go)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts