ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... so I have my 2012wrx on order which will be at least a month if not getting here. In the meantime... I have read the sticky mod thread but its rather old. Im curious about which mods are best bang for the buck. I've used an ap in one of the my evos and my ms3. I've read that the ic can be a weak issue with higher boost. My question is basically what ares of the car are most restrictive? Like is a caisson really needed or will a good works or perrin drop in do just as well? Other areas? I do plan on sway bars and brake pad and fluid changes.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Like any other turbo car the exhaust is most restrictive. Most start with a TBE and a ECU tune. An intake seems show more benfit on the newer WRX's over the older ones. Mainly due to the dual AVCS and bigger turbo. Cobb should have a map for the AEM CAI.

·
Banned
664 Posts
best bang for the buck will be a tactrix cable ($180) and a stage 1 Torqued Performance tune ($80). the Cobb and Perrin AP tunes are very weak and not that great. Hit up Eric there and talk to him. if you buy the stage 1-2 combo pack each tune becomes like $70. each stage comes with 8-10 maps so you can run any intake you want! after that he will make you install a wide band O2 into your exhaust and you guys can custome tune parts like if you install a 3-port boost controller. for an OTS map you will not find anything better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts