ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some new engine pics from the car I am most likely purchasing. I still won't see the car for another few days. It's a 2007 limited with 6000 miles on it. Just let me know if you guys see anything out of the ordinary. It is supposed to be completely untouched and like new. I appreciate the help!!

Here are the two others I already posted:

·
Registered
0 Posts
looks normal to me

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
Looks stock to me. Doesnt look like the IC was pulled off.

Once you get the car look into getting the 07 STI reflash done by subaru.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks stock to me. Doesnt look like the IC was pulled off.

Once you get the car look into getting the 07 STI reflash done by subaru.

I am actually buying the car from a Ford dealer which is connected to a Subaru dealer with the same owner. Should I just ask them if the reflash/recall has been done on the car? Also is there anyway for them to tell if the car has been reflashed by a tuner or can this be put completely back to stock so that the dealer would never know? Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
I am actually buying the car from a Ford dealer which is connected to a Subaru dealer with the same owner. Should I just ask them if the reflash/recall has been done on the car? Also is there anyway for them to tell if the car has been reflashed by a tuner or can this be put completely back to stock so that the dealer would never know? Thanks
It's highly unlikely the dealer can tell if it's been reflashed.

The Subaru reflash doesnt "fix" every car. I'd honestly just get it home and drive it for a bit and see if you have massive hesitation around 3,200-4,400 rpms under decent load.

If you do then it's probaly pretty safe to say you have the stock tune. It's possible Subaru can run the vin and see if it has the reflash done offered by them but I'm not sure if they can do that.

·
Registered
357 Posts
This might be complete nit-picking, but I'm going to type it anyway.

It looks like there's some coolant residue on the hoses that lead to the overflow reservoir (plastic bottle with yellow cap just on the driver's side of the radiator).

Maybe some coolant was spilled, maybe it's some other white gunk on the black hoses. I doubt it would be a deal breaker for me because that's a sweet car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts