Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped off my car yesterday for Eibach to take all the measurements so they can make a pro kit for it, and that should lower around 1.3" or so. It seems like they're not going to make Sportlines for it becuase the Developement Manager feels that this car is not made to be lowered that much, which makes a lot of sense. They told me it would be about 2-3 weeks before they go in production. After I get them on my car I'll post some pictures and let you guys know how the ride is.

Intrax is ahead of the game in this one... they have a full Rally Coilover system $4500 which is totally rebuildable... you can play with the height, dampening, and the compression with a whopping 50mm piston. The street setup is $2500 and it has a 25mm piston, height adjutablility, and more than one spring rate is available for this one. Oh yeah they are both camber adjustable so you don't have to worry about the camber of the car when it sits too low. For SCCA or Pro Rally you should go with the full rally setup and go for the street setup for autocrossing.

Syms has a full line of products comming out for the WRX. I think everything is already made in japan but they're trying to get everything here. Well, there are swaybars, strut bars, coilovers (the coilover system they have uses KYB fully ride adjustable but the height is fixed). They also have 2 bodykits comming out too.

That's what I have so far, feel free to make any corrections or add to what I have.

Tim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tim,
I put HKS Springs and I'm waiting for a set of coilovers from Japan. My car still rides like it did stock. There will be alot of choices from Japan coming real soon, so everybody just be patient and wait.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
true true, a lot of companies have parts made for our cars already in Japan... Oh yeah are you looking for a bodykit? I can hook u up with the C-West bodykit, which should look really nice on your car. I'm thinking about getting it for myself but I can't afford to do all that at once. As for an exhaust... I think i might go with the 5Zigen Fireball exhasuts... or something Japanese with an adjustable silencer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm goign to enjoy the stock ride for a while before playign aorund with anything. Eibach will have my pro kit springs soon and i'll see how that goes, then maybe work on a full coilover system. But yeah let us know how the Cusco Zero1s are when you get them, thanks Ken.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep that's what I'm planning to do. The pro kits are pretty much designed to use with the stock shocks. I'm not sure exactly when it will come out but I heard the pro kit for last year's imprezas can be used on the 2002 WRXs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wrx's weigh more than the rs doesnt it i think it weighs 3100lbs or in that range forthe wrx and the rs weighs likek 2700 or something near that wouldnt that give a bouncy ride since the spring rates are lower for the rs thats why im kinda iffy about putting rs suspension on my soon to be wrx or am i completely wrong and they weigh the same hell if i know but thats just my opinion. I think truechoice can make eibach springs for the wrx and you can pick your own spring rates. the site is www.truechoice.com
maybe the eibachs and a set of kyb agx's is they way i might go unless i find a cheap coilover kit someone shead some light on this situation and let me know if im t=right or wrong
thanks
chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a set of KYB AGX shocks on my civic and they're great. I don' think i'mg oign to really mess around with the height so the pro kit should do for me. Syms' coilover kit uses KYB shocks i believe, but they don't have the height adjustability. Hopefully more companies will jump on this.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
like you said blazin im not lookin to slam it like i did my civic also i had tokico 5-ways and skunk2's all i really want is a stiffer pro kit and the agx's and maybe some bronze advan rg's or oz prodrives in bronze also what is the offset on subarus anyway and how wide of a tire can i fit on it 225-235-245 hmmm so many options and does anyone know where i can purchase the prodrives or the advans in a 17-7 or 17-7.5 what does everybody recommend and i was planning on getting teh avsi those are the best tires ive ever had for there price
thanks
chris

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had the eibach pro kit on my Si and it was kick ass along with the tokico 5 way adjustables. Perfect drop. I really only plan on doing a rear sway bar, dirt is too much fun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Eibach is taking forever to get the pro kit out. Mr Dave Royce is still working on them and he said that he's taking his time becuase he wants it to be great springs, and eibach always had the reputation of making great springs. Who knows, maybe I'll get some coilovers before the pro-kits come out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts