ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just searched for about an hour and I am still unclear as to what the UP does and where it's located. I know its a noob question I. I do understand that a TBE is DP and Catback but does the DP connect to the UP?

Also, I will be getting an STI in September and I was wondering if doing the same exhuast mods for WRX sedans such as the UP and TBE will be just as beneficial. I saw a lot of people talking about getting a STI UP and gutting it. Any opinions anyone?

Sorry if this question is redundant but I did try to search first and I am still unclear....just trying to learn as much as possible.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
674 Posts
the uppipe is the pipe that connects the header to the turbo..no the uppipe does not directly connect to the downpipe, the turbo is inbetween the 2..exhaust goes header, uppipe, turbo,downpipe, catback.if u have a wrx then you have 3 cats..1 in the uppipe 2 in the tbe..the STI does not have a cat in the uppipe..hope this helps...
Kris

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot...that cleared it up prefectly. So then an aftermarket uppipe wouldn't generate any significant results on the STI? Just TBE?

Thanks agian!

·
6,298 Posts
Correct. No significant gains.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts