ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have some preferences on the two, two that work together well etc. or favs?

Called up the Subaru dealer in Phoenix (2 hours from where I go to school) and they informed me that they don't care if you have a downpipe/up-pipe on your car, they will still service it etc and not void your warranty.

They said they just cant work with check engine lights, and engine management (which I take off before I bring it in anyway and nobody has said a word to me, gotta love that COBB AP)

So I was gonna get a sound system, but not I'm in the market for some fresh pipes :)

Whats putting down good numbers, reliability, and sound etc on a 2009 WRX Hatch

I'll be looking into a TP Stage 2 tune after that since my TP Stage 1 Tune has been working wonderfully in the altitude (hanging in with my buddies disgustingly fast Evo X with a meth kit stg2 etc)

Side-Note:
Today has been interesting lol, got my car serviced at my local Subaru dealer, and after I gave one of the guys the keys, he proceded to rear end one of their service trucks, and then stall my car promptly after...

Sweet right? Apparently my whole bumpers getting fresh OEM paint.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
You don't really need an uppipe. As far as downpipes go, I like my TurboXS unit.. but there are plenty of other good brands out there as well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bellmouth or no?

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Personally, I would go with a bellmouth design. You certainly don't want a 3" dp with the block off plate in front of the IWG.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THose COBB Bellmouths are expensive, but I suppose I'll bite the bullet haha

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Cobb makes the best one out there IMHO, but you pay a premium for it. There are plenty of other options that are cheaper and people are very happy with like the Turbo XS.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cobb makes the best one out there IMHO, but you pay a premium for it. There are plenty of other options that are cheaper and people are very happy with like the Turbo XS.
TurboXS makes a Bellmouth option I'm assuming? I was just looking but I gotta head out and finish this Christmas stuff

If its a difference of quality and like 100 bucks I'll just get the COBB Bellmouth

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Zwalk said:
TurboXS makes a Bellmouth option I'm assuming? I was just looking but I gotta head out and finish this Christmas stuff

If its a difference of quality and like 100 bucks I'll just get the COBB Bellmouth
Any major brand (e.g., Cobb, TurboXS, Invidia) will be fine. Buy whichever one is cheapest.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any major brand (e.g., Cobb, TurboXS, Invidia) will be fine. Buy whichever one is cheapest.
So in essence I'm paying for a name.

Sounds good, I'll get the cheapest Bellmouth Catted Downpipe I can find then of the main brands.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Zwalk said:
So in essence I'm paying for a name.
Not necessarily. The TurboXS or Invidia will work fine, however.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not necessarily. The TurboXS or Invidia will work fine, however.
Gotcha, got any good sites for purchasing parts I might not find with a standard google search

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Zwalk said:
Gotcha, got any good sites for purchasing parts I might not find with a standard google search
Kronos Performance. They're a vendor on here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts