ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the marker for purchasing a 2005 fully loaded black 5sp. WRX and I was curious to know if anyone knew of anyway to "tweek" up the horsepower on it from 227. I just test drove it tuesday afternoon and don't get me wrong, WOW was all I was saying.

It seems to be the same built engine as the STI so I'm thinking that there has to be something that can just be done to it to get it maybe as close to 300 as possible.

What do you think?

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
CJMaro said:
I'm in the marker for purchasing a 2005 fully loaded black 5sp. WRX and I was curious to know if anyone knew of anyway to "tweek" up the horsepower on it from 227. I just test drove it tuesday afternoon and don't get me wrong, WOW was all I was saying.

It seems to be the same built engine as the STI so I'm thinking that there has to be something that can just be done to it to get it maybe as close to 300 as possible.

What do you think?
no sti has forged rods,the rest i believe are cast iron, and is a ej25, 2.5 L
wrx is no forged, cast-iron, and is a 2.0 L

do a search in Engine Performance, Electronic Engine Management

you can do many things upgrade the turbo,delete cats,get a boost controller, etc.....

welcome to the club friend.

or you can pm me for further questions :D

·
Registered
0 Posts
No, there is nothing you can do. We are all very happy with the performance as Subaru has supplied it from the factory. :)

And if you are not an SOA spy, then uh... heck ya you can tweak things a bit. :) Subies take to mods real well, just do your homework as some of the 'normal' things for other cars can actually hurt the WRX... i.e. - Intakes.

You can get up around 280-290hp (as Subaru would rate it, not at the wheels) with just exhaust and computer flash. Could be had for around a grand, even less if you shop good.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Grab the August/Sept isue of NOPI Street Tuner Mag. It has a Great WRX Build up guide, and has some great Tech stuff this issue!

And do some research, and search for answers first then ask if there is no answer.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
NOS DUDEZ

I would start off with an uppipe, then downpipe, then exhaust. You can go catless or highflow cat..the options are endless. After that do ecu, turbo, injector, fp etc.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
aaronwillen said:
I would start off with an uppipe, then downpipe, then exhaust. You can go catless or highflow cat..the options are endless. After that do ecu, turbo, injector, fp etc.
agreed. up/dp is a great starting point. if you're not upgrading the turbo anytime soon, a cobb reflash is definalty a good possibility also. they are making vf30/vf34 maps, but as ray as been waiting, they are not availible as of now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts