ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have on up pipe, down pipe and turbo back with boost control at 15.5 and only doing 13.5s.. is that good enough or am I missing a tuning somewhere?....

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Just out of curiosity. what do you think an upipe, full tbe, and accessport on a 91 octane stage 2 map would run. about the same? I wont have my AP till probably late august at least, and i'll probably have an exhaust by then too. Im think i should at least be able to hit mid 13's with that

I ran a 14.44 in my stock-ish car a couple weeks ago (mods are in my sig, dont know if any of them actually help anything) But that was w/ a 2.0 60' , i know i woulda hit a 14.2-14.3 if i couldve cut a 1.9, but my launches still need some practicing

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
vicWRX said:
i have on up pipe, down pipe and turbo back with boost control at 15.5 and only doing 13.5s.. is that good enough or am I missing a tuning somewhere?....
Thats about averge, i wouldnt be surprised if got into the low 13s with some intercooler hoses and no back seat /passenger seat.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Thats nuts.. My friend with scoobysport exhaust, intake, bov is running 14.4... while my other friend with custom 3'', megan uppipe/down pipe, sti injectors, intake, cobb stage 2.. ran about a 14.2.. weird.. Im stockish with straight pipe 2.5'' custom.. I wonder what i would run, i guess its all driver.. but the guy with the cobb stage 2 is one hell of a driver.. Maybe the cobb needs tuning?? maybe the injectors are messing things up?

·
Registered
295 Posts
AwdTurboWrx said:
i ran [email protected] about 4000 above sea level with dp/up and cai.....now i got dp/up and catback and got rid of cai..oh yeah i also had mbc at about 15.5-16..and i have no ecu management
From what i've heard.. up + tbe gives a good 30-35 whp increase.. that plus boost controller sounds about right for high 13's.. But running high boost like that is scary on a stock block and such.. I would just go accessport or utec..

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
i could do much better than high 13's..i'm doing this at high elevation...4000 above sea level...i'm probably doing around 13.5 at sealevel

·
Registered
57 Posts
The time you have are pretty much right on. You could probably turn your boost controller to 16.5 and be fine. Anything after that and your stock turbo will just be blowing too hot of air to do anygood.

legik said:
From what i've heard.. up + tbe gives a good 30-35 whp increase.. that plus boost controller sounds about right for high 13's.. But running high boost like that is scary on a stock block and such.. I would just go accessport or utec..
I'm gonna have to disagree here. I'm running 24 psi on my stock block and I have 50k miles....not stock turbo though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i don't know if it's location(ohio) or anything to do with mean-se-level but that guy that ran 13.8s all night... stock everything with boost control........ and all i had was up,down,turbo back and boost control and barely beat him...... think to myself "mans he a good driver"......

anyone try to play with tire pressure?

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
vicWRX said:
i don't know if it's location(ohio) or anything to do with mean-se-level but that guy that ran 13.8s all night... stock everything with boost control........ and all i had was up,down,turbo back and boost control and barely beat him...... think to myself "mans he a good driver"......

anyone try to play with tire pressure?
i was running 14.2 @ 4000 above sealevel with just boost controller..which is like 13.8...a guy on forum runs 13.4 with just MBC @ sealevel......i think mbc is a lot less dangerous if your catless....than you run rich so mbc at higher psi evens out

...the time b4 when i went to track i lowered my tire pressure was hitting 1.8's consistantly...it was really hot this time so tires were sticky..i didnt need 2 lower tire pressure for 1.8's...

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
AwdTurboWrx said:
i was running 14.2 @ 4000 above sealevel with just boost controller..which is like 13.8...a guy on forum runs 13.4 with just MBC @ sealevel......i think mbc is a lot less dangerous if your catless....than you run rich so mbc at higher psi evens out

...the time b4 when i went to track i lowered my tire pressure was hitting 1.8's consistantly...it was really hot this time so tires were sticky..i didnt need 2 lower tire pressure for 1.8's...
TO be safe u should have at least a up-pipe with a mbc. Fully catless of course is the safest way to go. If u up the boost on a stock up-pipe, the cat can break apart and enter the turbo..BOOM!:confused1

1 - 15 of 15 Posts