ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my roomate hase a stock 03 lancer evo that just added on a down pipe ans test pipe(to replace the cat). I have many upgrades, but was wondering if its worth adding an up and down pipe with a stock fuel system. I have a cat back, intake, and mbc. would i notice a real difference?

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
Yes. Replacing the uppipe and downpipe really bring the car to life, plus it's dangerous to up the boost with the stock catalyst still in the uppipe.

Search around the sight and read past threads on it. There is alot of info to be had with a little searching.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys! any up pipe better than another? I will order one today. Also is there a o2 sensor to deal with in the up pipe?
\

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
colej3 said:
thanks guys! any up pipe better than another? I will order one today. Also is there a o2 sensor to deal with in the up pipe?
\
Definately do a search. Little blue button on the top right of the screen. You will find all the info you could ever need.

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
colej3 said:
\
uppipes are typically pretty much the same. crucial makes a nice product, among others.

there is an EGT sensor in the uppipe. search for "resistor fix" and "uppipe" and you'll be knee deep in info on that.

also search ro "most popular uppipe" (also in the Engine Performance FAQ at the top of the EP forum)

:)

dR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts