Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Unysoc

Can I get an AMEN, people?
UNYSOC (Upstate New York Subaru Owner's Club) just had our first 'meet' on Sunday, October 19th, in Albany, NY. I ask that this topic 'UNYSOC' be made a sticky. We have twenty-two (22) inaugural members (and may the list grow).
If you were there, you got the chance to experience something cool. If you weren't and you are around 'upstate', please get ahold of one of us, you will get the chance to experience something very cool. Only if you own a Subaru, though ;)
This is a place to hang out with good people, good cars, and have good times!

-=STomp (Michael Tromp)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
im in, up here in ualbany

·
Registered
219 Posts
any info?
binghamton.. i m in

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Kenshin:

Info is that we are starting an Upstate NY Subaru Owner's club, open to anyone who drives a Subaru. We had our first meet a week ago and had 24 cars show up, with an expected roster of about 40 people total.

Basically we're just starting our club right now and people come from mostly the capitol region, but there are some people coming from Ithica and other not-so-close areas.

We are going to be having about 3 meets a month, with probably 1 huge meet every season, which will probably involve a big event of some sort (autocross, rally, etc.)

If you need anymore information, IM ScreaminFAST or STILYN SUBY, which I believe are the two founders of the club.

-Josh

·
Registered
233 Posts
yup, just hit me up with any questions or if u are interested in joining. things are in the process of really getting started. ~nick

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Update

In my offroading thread in OT, Brad of TBRacing offered us his shop for a place to have a meet if we wanted to. He is located off Exit 19 on the thruway, and can be found at www.tbracing.com

Seems like a good idea. Brad, wanna join UNYSOC?:)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Re: Update

Trailboss said:
In my offroading thread in OT, Brad of TBRacing offered us his shop for a place to have a meet if we wanted to. He is located off Exit 19 on the thruway, and can be found at www.tbracing.com

Seems like a good idea. Brad, wanna join UNYSOC?:)

that's who i was telling u about at dinner josh.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
crap i feel so out of the loop! i hope that i can get back into my car hardcore again...i have no money for mods so its kinda hard....hopefully some meets will light my fire again. congrats on getting this started...although i dont know how you did it...i tried and failed!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'd love to join :)

unfortunately I'm still trannyless :(
so I won't be able to meet anywhere anytime soon till I get it corrected

Our shop would make a better WARM day meeting spot, as its not really that big and it would not be fun cramming 30 people in here.
However we're building a new building hopefully by spring/early summer with a 4wd dyno that will be plenty big for hangouts, barbeques, carshows whatever, we're buying 2 acres and we'll have a LARGE parking lot :)

maybe we can work out some free club dyno days or something when the new shop gets finished

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts
Check with PlatinumWRX about trannies. I recall talking to him and he muttered something about having 2 trannies lying around...or something like that.

Wait until he gets back from SEMA

·
Registered
18,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
tan said:
what's considered upstate NY?

Westchester county and up?
yeah, basically. we don't give a rat's ass if you live in Watertown or Rockland, just as long as you are willing to contribute something positive to this already positive group of cool people. Oh yeah, Subaru is a must!
-STomp

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I am in rochester 8 months out of the year, Id like to get in on this.

Brandon

1 - 20 of 27 Posts