Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 WRX currently is stick and only 7 months old. I find that recently I’ve been having a lot of problems with the audio equipment. Most notably unplayable files. I have an iPhone and I connect it to the cars USB via the standard iPhone cable. The phone with connect and charge but will not play audio. Keeps coming up with unplayable file error. In addition to this problem I have had an issue where the volume seems to turn itself up or down on its own. My parents have a feature on their truck that does that when the engine rpms change so that the sound of the engine doesn’t over power your audio. But mine WRX is doing it while cruising at a steady rpm range. Any help on either of these problems would be most appreciated thanks.

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
There are some restrictions on iphone compatibility -- the car manual says the audio system will only go so far back on apple products and still work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an iPhone Se and it works 99% of the time it’s only been more recently that it’s working intermittently. So the issue shouldn’t be that it’s an out of date Apple product

·
Æternum
15,475 Posts
Check with a different USB cable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts