ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so i just installed my Godspeed Uppipe, wasn't too bad, and when I got in it threw a CEL. Didn't have a diagnostic so no idea what it is, but the car seems to be running fine. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't my Pony Express Elim for the other 2 cats also keep that one from coming on? And even if it doesn't, shouldn't it take a few days to go on? And Godspeed is good with the EGT right, no need to fix that?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Blue2004WRX said:
OK, so i just installed my Godspeed Uppipe, wasn't too bad, and when I got in it threw a CEL. Didn't have a diagnostic so no idea what it is, but the car seems to be running fine. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't my Pony Express Elim for the other 2 cats also keep that one from coming on? And even if it doesn't, shouldn't it take a few days to go on? And Godspeed is good with the EGT right, no need to fix that?

Help would be greatly appreciated.
if I am not mistaken the Pony express (PEP MIL eliminator) will only fix the CEL's thrown on your downpipe. For the Uppipe you are getting a completely different CEL for a different reason. you are going to need the resistor mod for the EGT sensor. just buy a 1/2 watt 2.2ohm resistor from radioshack or other electronic store and you are good to go. There is a thread by Kurledaddywrx on this that is very helpful.... he himself is also very helpful :thumbup:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DTR rex said:
if I am not mistaken the Pony express (PEP MIL eliminator) will only fix the CEL's thrown on your downpipe. For the Uppipe you are getting a completely different CEL for a different reason. you are going to need the resistor mod for the EGT sensor. just buy a 1/2 watt 2.2ohm resistor from radioshack or other electronic store and you are good to go. There is a thread by Kurledaddywrx on this that is very helpful.... he himself is also very helpful :thumbup:
It's a Godspeed uppipe, so shouldn't I not need that?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
clark wrx said:
you need the 2.2k ohm resister mod for the upipe. kurleedadeewrx(sp?) posted about it.

click here
Read the other posts. I already addressed that. Godspeed uppipes are supposed to take care of that. and my main concern is that it went on immediately, not after time.

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Its gonna be impossible to tell you what code you're throwing until you get it scanned and tell us.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trailboss said:
Its gonna be impossible to tell you what code you're throwing until you get it scanned and tell us.
Yeah I know that's part of my dilemma. There's no autozone around here and i dont know where else to get it pulled. does pepboys do that sort of thing?

i was hoping someone would mention something like "did you remember to do this?" or "Godspeed UPs still throw codes when..."

you know, something helpful. I'll get the code as soon as I can, but it looks like I'll be driving back to Syracuse with that CEL glowing in my face :thumbdown

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yet another complication...

OK, so I ignored the CEL and drove the 200+ miles back up to Syracuse. Everything was running fine, no strange noises or anything.

Finally, when I park in my parking lot, this clanking noise comes on at idle. i hit the gas and it went away for a second, but right when it went back to idle the clanking started up again. it seems to be in rhythm with the pulsing of the exhaust. Any ideas????

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
From what I understand, the Godspeed downpipe is not supposed to throw a cel. Any uppipe you put in, including an STI, or gutting the stocker will all throw a cel. Have the car scanned to make sure that is what it is, and do the resistor mod. If you are unsure about Dan's uppipe doing that, shoot him an e-mail, I'm sure he would be glad to help.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trainrex said:
From what I understand, the Godspeed downpipe is not supposed to throw a cel. Any uppipe you put in, including an STI, or gutting the stocker will all throw a cel. Have the car scanned to make sure that is what it is, and do the resistor mod. If you are unsure about Dan's uppipe doing that, shoot him an e-mail, I'm sure he would be glad to help.
yeah thats a good idea, thanks.

im more worried about the clanking though. it isnt constant. anyone?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK so it's something completely alien to me. It pulled as P1088, which is something about a valve, but on the diagnostic screen it read "Air & Fuel, Auxiliary Emission Control" or something to that nature. Anybody?

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
That is a tumble generator valve malfunction code. Did you unplug the one by the turbo when you did your uppipe, and leave it unplugged? Did the wires to the plug possibly get damaged?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Trainrex said:
From what I understand, the Godspeed downpipe is not supposed to throw a cel. Any uppipe you put in, including an STI, or gutting the stocker will all throw a cel.
I am pretty sure that only uppipe without bungs for the EGT sensor will throw a CEL. I am certain that my TurboXS uppipe never threw a CEL (nor did it ever leak, in case anyone is wondering).

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just installed headers and an up-pipe in my sti, and after like 20 miles my check engine light came on. Is this just a cel (if so how do I fix it)?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Trainrex said:
That is a tumble generator valve malfunction code. Did you unplug the one by the turbo when you did your uppipe, and leave it unplugged? Did the wires to the plug possibly get damaged?
I don't know I don't see any damaged wires or unplugged plugs. Is there anything wrong with leaving this CEL on temporarily? I need to drive and I'm not really in the position to have it fixed.

·
Registered
449 Posts
You still having problems? I see this got bumped....

Nah, this is not a CEL due to the uppie, that would put you in limp mode without a fix. Although I would like to know what you did with the EGT probe. Did you put it back in? I don't know anything about god's pipe.

P1088 is a TGV CEL. Often times due to the sensor, if you took the sensor out during the install it (though I don't know why you would) maybe you didn't plug it back in all the way. Search P1088 on nabisco, IIRC someone threw this after an exhaust install.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wv_wagoneer said:
You still having problems? I see this got bumped....

Nah, this is not a CEL due to the uppie, that would put you in limp mode without a fix. Although I would like to know what you did with the EGT probe. Did you put it back in? I don't know anything about god's pipe.

P1088 is a TGV CEL. Often times due to the sensor, if you took the sensor out during the install it (though I don't know why you would) maybe you didn't plug it back in all the way. Search P1088 on nabisco, IIRC someone threw this after an exhaust install.
OK I'll do that, thanks. I just screwed the EGT probe back in, Godspeed has a bung for them and leaves a little piece of cat material welded to the top so you don't throw a CEL, or something to that effect.

Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts