ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know much about underwater welding like salaries for new underwater welders? i was at a site and it said 15,000 a year to 100,000 lol well dang thats a big margin.. whats the expected.. im takin welding in school and was thinking about trying to become one.. but i dont no if all the training and stuff would amount to enough pay to live on. like regular welders make 10-12 dollars a hour man i freaking almost make that at the grocery store lol wtf.

·
Registered
404 Posts
We talked about this in Geology class, if you're the type that stays under water for days they get like $900 an hour.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what are some good computer things to take that make decent? im good with computers.. or how bout a pharmacist lol how do you become one of them

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
There are tons of computer jobs, from no-skill to extremely high-skill.

To become a pharmacist, you need to graduate from college and then go to pharmacy school. That's a great career if you love physiology and chemistry.

·
Registered
100 Posts
WRXTwiztid said:
what are some good computer things to take that make decent? im good with computers.. or how bout a pharmacist lol how do you become one of them
i just got my cpht in pharmacy technician...but to become a pharmacist, you need to take all those chem and biology classes in college, then many more years of school...but the pharmacists i work with make around 110k a year!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
rokyholler said:
evilcerealbox, we do get shocked but thats just if were not wearing gloves, well grounded, and touch the welding rod(but that only happens sometimes)

oh nonnonon, i mean electricuted underwater

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was thinkin about police and then after 5 years or so .. try to make a S.W.A.T team

·
The Legendary Bad Ass (aka; Buzzz)
5,400 Posts
I do know an underwater welder. It is merely another certification that can open other doors. It is fairly lucritive. I have no idea where you heard $15,000 a year. Maybe that is working for a few months and then taking nine months off. Not an easy certification.
If you can get work on drill rigs you can rake in the dough. Of course the life is difficult, but work half a year and take a half a year vacation. I know doods that do it.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea i dunno what i want to do , it was just some thought.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i was thinking of underwater welding also but trying to find a job would be tuff. its probably the most dangerous job in the world, if not one of them.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
shiro9 said:
i was thinking of underwater welding also but trying to find a job would be tuff. its probably the most dangerous job in the world, if not one of them.
The most dangerous job in the world is commercial fisherman. I am full of useful information.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
i think i have the most dangerous job ever...sticking needles in aids/hepatits/tb patients every single damn day...just one slip is all it takes! i have balls of steel aRRRRRRRRRRRR :D

·
The Legendary Bad Ass (aka; Buzzz)
5,400 Posts
I thought the most dangerous job in the world is a 12 year old boy as a janitor for Neverland Ranch. Shows what I know.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts