ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at pulleys and am wondering which is the best out on the market. I know AEM's pulley is considerably cheaper than others. Does it perform the same?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Take a look at the Vishnu underdrive pulley, I believe Vishnu dyno'ed it and it produced 9hp to the wheels.

·
Registered
218 Posts
i tried a couple single pulley kits and then tried the two piece GFB Kit which is 2 piece. The GFB Kit is the one STILL on my car :)

Carlo

·
Registered
543 Posts
the AEM kit only has one pulley, the aternator pulley. I tried installing it and the long bolt next to the alternator (on the left) broke when I tried to loosen it. I replaced the bolt and will try again.-

·
Registered
446 Posts
the only pulley that will have a good effect on performance gain will be the crank pulley. The accessory pulleys will only free up a couple of HP at best.

Make Sure that if you get a pulley that it comes with belts or gives you specific belt sizes that will work. I went through hell getting the right sized belts for my "stock size" lightweight Unorthodox Racing crank pulley. Hopefully they have updated their documentation for the WRX pulley. I called them and gave them correct belt sizes and they said they would update their instructions with the info. Thankfully the UR pulley works very well.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Try the TB Racing lightened pulley. It uses stock belts and give almost the same performance as underdriving.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I'm getting a Vishnu when the time comes. $179 isn't a bad price compared to UnOrthodox, and Shiv has good products, plus he's close to where I live, so I don't have to pay S&H charges.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts