ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A little more than a month ago i was driving up to Mt Hood from Bend. If you know the road you know its always full of cops. On the way i run into a Porsche Carerra and an incredibly loud Z06. Long story short after a few competitive clutch dumps, being cautious of the OHPs. I happen to be in front when we catch up to a dark blue Mustang GT somewhere near Govt. Camp, no extra antennas, windows blacked out, nice little chrome barbed wire plate frame haha. Anyway i pull up next to him, politely trying to include him. Downshift and dump up to 90, get nothing from him, next thing i know he's behind me, center fog lights reflect red and blue police LEDs...

$425 for 86 in 55. fack

watch out

·
The Default One
4,489 Posts
A little more than a month ago i was driving up to Mt Hood from Bend. If you know the road you know its always full of cops. On the way i run into a Porsche Carerra and an incredibly loud Z06. Long story short after a few competitive clutch dumps, being cautious of the OHPs. I happen to be in front when we catch up to a dark blue Mustang GT somewhere near Govt. Camp, no extra antennas, windows blacked out, nice little chrome barbed wire plate frame haha. Anyway i pull up next to him, politely trying to include him. Downshift and dump up to 90, get nothing from him, next thing i know he's behind me, center fog lights reflect red and blue police LEDs...

$425 for 86 in 55. fack

watch out
Ouch. :sadwave: Owned. :rotfl:

·
Admiral Ackbar the 1st
15,697 Posts
It has nothing to do with saving a little on the ticket - did you get the points or speed reduced?

stupid. never speed in OR. they have undercover everything and photos.
I've driven lots of roads in OR where you will be very very unlikely to meet a ticket.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya i got points reduced, i have a nevada license so it doesn't matter too much, that safety corridor through Mt Hood is the worst for cops, other than that especially south of bend its not bad at all. it definitely motivated me to get a radar detector, it'll pay itself off the first time it finds a speedtrap for me.

·
Admiral Ackbar the 1st
15,697 Posts
ya i got points reduced, i have a nevada license so it doesn't matter too much, that safety corridor through Mt Hood is the worst for cops, other than that especially south of bend its not bad at all. it definitely motivated me to get a radar detector, it'll pay itself off the first time it finds a speedtrap for me.

Ever tried out the back roads from Detroit to Estacada? Some of my favorite countryside back in there. Used to be you could drive a half hour on average without passing anyone coming the other way even.

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,138 Posts
No offense but undercover speeding enforcement vehicles, although obviously more common in some areas then others, are not a new thing at all. I recall personally seeing undercover state cops in mustangs, corvettes, Monte Carlo SSs', and several other models back in the early-mid 80s when I started driving. I imagine they were around before then as well.

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
No offense but undercover speeding enforcement vehicles, although obviously more common in some areas then others, are not a new thing at all. I recall personally seeing undercover state cops in mustangs, corvettes, Monte Carlo SSs', and several other models back in the early-mid 80s when I started driving. I imagine they were around before then as well.
That's correct. Back in "the day", I was pulled over by a Mustang GT, and a Camaro SS.

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,138 Posts
Ray told me the staties used to use under covered wagons through the mountain passes back in his day.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Recently, WA state is starting to use Legacy GT's for undercover cops.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Personally I think the use of undercover police cars is a, "chicken sh*t" tactic." They serve only one purpose and that is to write tickets. Now I am also, of the opinion if one is driving like an ass hat in the city then whatever you pay to play but out in the countryside when the worse you might do is kill a tree or yourself then hey, whatever you feel like you have the balls enough to do is fine by me.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Personally I think the use of undercover police cars is a, "chicken sh*t" tactic." They serve only one purpose and that is to write tickets. Now I am also, of the opinion if one is driving like an ass hat in the city then whatever you pay to play but out in the countryside when the worse you might do is kill a tree or yourself then hey, whatever you feel like you have the balls enough to do is fine by me.
This reminds me of a quote from Bash.org:

<xterm> The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
If I cut you off and shove your car in a ditch in the middle of the countryside it should be OK right?

·
Registered
342 Posts
this reminds me of a quote from bash.org:

<xterm> the problem with america is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
+1

1 - 20 of 36 Posts