Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attached a picture of the underside of my 2002 wrx, this picture is near the front right wheel and I am not sure what the rusted piece does for a living. Since it crumbles to the touch I figured it normally does not bear weight. None of my mechanics have ever mentioned it so I am curious if anyone knows what it is? Or better yet what I could look for as far as the part and spend some time getting it fixed.

Thanks for the input guys! Long time forum reader first time poster here.

Attachments

· Village Idiot
3,468 Posts
That would be your subframe. That is a pretty important structural component of your car. However, I would presume that it's not all that uncommon of an area to rust on these cars, especially if the vehicle seen numerous winters unmaintained and cleaned in a rust-belt state.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! Yeah being here in minnesota is rather brutal on the car. I know it got stored in the garage all the time but it looks like a few spots on the underside got rather roughed up. Only the subframe seems to have taken the brunt of the winters and salt fun. Since I just got done with headlights, tail lights, rims, really hope the subframe can be fixed.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Compact car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.