ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I drive an silver '02 WRX wagon. If you guys had around $1000 to spend on it, be it engine mods or suspension or a body kit or anything, what would you guys spend it on?

·
Registered
0 Posts
^^^+1....however, if you are riding around on crappy rubber, a good set of sticky tires is a great upgrade. I did the tuned catless TBE w/uppipe first, but after doing various suspension and driveline mods, they have given me more enjoyment than the extra power.

It's your money...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mileage?

As much as I'd love the boosted power from a new exhuast, I drive a lot, normally 400+ miles every week or two. Would said uppipe or whatever kill my mileage?

·
Sammich Makin' Pwincess
13,124 Posts
i got better gas milage after upgrading my exhaust system and getting engine management

·
Registered
0 Posts
You'll notice a decrease in mileage the first few weeks simply because your foot will be heavier.:) But if you can resist the urge, or once you get used to the extra power, you will see an increase in mileage, which is the result of a good tune. I'm Stage 2(which is what this route is called for short), and I usually see anywhere from 27-30mpg on trips.

·
UnBanned
17,655 Posts
i got better gas milage after upgrading my exhaust system and getting engine management
+1

(OP - See my Gas Mileage FAQ... it'll explain why)

·
UnBanned
17,655 Posts
i started off with 1 G about three months ago and i went stage 2. i dont regret it at all.
you also live in Saudi Aurora ;) Never trust a Saudi Auroran!! :tongue:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts